[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There has never been a greater leader in history than him,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1541.jpg (204KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1541.jpg
204KB, 1200x807px
There has never been a greater leader in history than him, that's a fact
>>
File: 9cd.jpg (45KB, 735x304px) Image search: [Google]
9cd.jpg
45KB, 735x304px
>>2575658
*blocks your path*
>>
File: Svenska kungar.jpg (233KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Svenska kungar.jpg
233KB, 857x1202px
>>2575658
>>
>>2575739
Meme picture, Why do you like Bernadotte?
>>
>>2575762
Are you memeing? Why wouldn't you love him?
>stabilized the economy
>changed foreign policy for the better
>instead of foolishly chasing after Finland he conquered Norway
>wasted Russian instead of Swedish lives in the battle of Leipzig
>ruled for a long time
>was a french Marshal and cool as fuck
>>
>>2575815
He did many good things perhaps, but he didn't complete the war in Norway since he aimed to get the French throne instead, which made the war half-finished and endes up with Norway having enormous autonomy.

I find that pretty fucking bad
>>
>>2575835
>he didn't complete the war in Norway...
Everything past this isn't true. He wanted to give them autonomy so they woudn't rise up against their new swedish overlord but instead give them a better deal than Denmark had given them. It was a good idea at the time. And yes he harboured ideas on getting the throne but that lasted for weeks and was not a guiding principle for him.
>>
>>2575904
Okay, fair enough.

I don't see what would make him and Gustav III better than Gustav II Adolf though, It's because of him that Sweden has Gotland, Öland, Skåne, Blekinge, Bohuslän, Halland, Härjedalen and Jämtland today
>>
>>2575658
Too bad he didn’t raise his daughter right.
>>
>>2575658
Damn, that's the weirdest depiction of Sulla I've ever seen. They didn't even have that kind of armor, that's some bullshit Renaissance painting.
>>
>>2575658
Wallenstein was better.
>>
>>2575658
It's really funny, Swedes have to latch onto the one person in their history who wasn't a total fag.
>>
>>2575658
Thats where you're wrong, kiddo.
>>
>>2575658
>Louis Raduit de Souches
>>
>>2575658
If he was so great why did Koniecpolski BTFO him at Trzciana?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trzciana
>>
File: slideshow_883053_HueyLong.jpg (50KB, 332x450px) Image search: [Google]
slideshow_883053_HueyLong.jpg
50KB, 332x450px
>>2575658

AAYYYY BOY YOU WRONG YEAH!
>>
File: KarlX.jpg (36KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
KarlX.jpg
36KB, 350x300px
>>2575951
>Öland
He had nothing to do with this
>Blekinge, Bohuslän, Skåne
Karl X (unless you want to argue that Gustav II Adolf made Karl X happen, but then I might as well argue for Gustav I)
>Halland
Arguable, Gustav II Adolf won it but Karl X secured it permanently.

Gotland is accurate, Härjedalen and Jämtland are more or less correct in the sense that he didn't win the entire territories that those regions contain today but he did secure the modern borders. Many of Gustav II Adolf's important gains were in the empire. Besides expansion and military innovation he also founded Gothenburg and was a capable administrator who gathered a lot of talent around himself.
>>
File: Democracy_simplified.jpg (226KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Democracy_simplified.jpg
226KB, 640x960px
>>2577766
>gets shot by dentist
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.