[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone versed in this mans history? Did he just have enough?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: MacArthur_Manila.jpg (71KB, 340x572px) Image search: [Google]
MacArthur_Manila.jpg
71KB, 340x572px
Anyone versed in this mans history? Did he just have enough?

What went right and then what went wrong?
>>
>>2574711
That's a pretty big pipe
>>
>>2574711
Enough what? What are you asking?

>What went wrong?

He did not understand that, in the final analysis, it didn't matter if the President was some haberdasher accidentally vaulted into the office, while he (McArthur) was the victor of the Pacific and had been virtually the Emperor of post-war Japan, the President was still his Commander in Chief..
>>
>>2574720
I am under the impression he was a very good and celebrated general up until some time (I think he Korean wars) where he became pretty much the polar opposite.

So he got too big for his britches?
>>
He should've never granted Shiro Ishii and his cronies immunity.
>>
>>2574711
He wanted to use nukes in Korea but the President didn't allow him
>>
>>2574720
>(McArthur) was the victor of the Pacific
That is a very strange spelling of Nimitz
>>
>>2575994
Yeah, Truman was kind of a faggot and a literal Shabbos Goy.
>>
>>2576082
Still better president than Stalin's boytoy FDR.
>>
>>2574727
He was a glory hog and the myth he had told about himself did not hold up when he was given high command in the Korean War. He basically started a war with china and he almost started war with the Soviet Union. When his forces were pushed back from North Korea by the Chinese he wanted to use nukes on civilians in China.
>>
There is no actual evidence that MacArthur wanted to use nukes in the Korean War. It was most likely just part of the early libral agenda to ruin his chances to run for president in 1952.
>>
>>2576078
McArthur is more well known then Nimitz though, you can look at that picture and know that is McArthur, if it was Nimitz most people would ask who the fuck it was, but I think Ike would have been a better choice.
Fuck the Pacific theater it was a sideshow at best which is why it was basically ignored until the Germans surrendered.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.