[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we make such arbitrary boundaries between Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sexy.jpg (40KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
sexy.jpg
40KB, 500x334px
Why do we make such arbitrary boundaries between Christianity and Islam?

We could call both Muslims and Christians Jews but Judaism also has a ethnic / racial component and Jews don't recognise Jesus as the Messiah, so we should simply recognise Islamo-Christians as an offshoot of Judaism that encompasses worship of the Jewish God,Yahweh, by Gentiles and a belief that Jesus was the Messiah.

Why don't Islamo-Christians ever apologise for terrorism? I have never heard the pope or any protestant leader apologise for what believers in Islamo-Christianity have done in the name of Yahweh. When is the pope going to apologise for 9/11?

Pic is not related.
>>
>>2573777
>Why do we make such arbitrary boundaries between Christianity and Islam?
What you're really asking is "when does something stop being a heresy and start being another religion entirely"

This was solved at the councils.
>>
>>2573777
Arbitrary?

Christianity: Jesus is God. Islam: No he is not.
Christianity: Jesus was crucified. Islam: No he was not.
Christianity: Jesus died on the cross. Islam: No he did not.
Christianity: Jesus rose from the dead. Islam: No he did not.
Christianity: Jesus is God. Islam: No he is not.

Couldn't be further apart.
>>
>>2573788

That seems pretty arbitrary.
>>
File: akua.jpg (205KB, 920x956px) Image search: [Google]
akua.jpg
205KB, 920x956px
>>2573788
Other than these minor trivial details they are the same.
>>
>>2573781

Isn't this an appeal to authortiy?
>>
>>2573809
Yup. Nothing was "solved" at any catholic council.
>>
>>2573804

They seem fairly trivial. What's the big difference?
>>
>>2573809
We all appeal to some sort of authority. Even if its our own mind.
>>
>>2573814
Except everything?
>>
>>2573815
Name only. In English we say Jehovah Gyro and in Islamic we say Allahu Ackbar, but they mean the same thing.
>>
>>2573820
Everything catholic, which of course is nothing.
>>
>>2573822

In English we say Satan, and you say Allah.

They mean the same thing.
>>
>>2573817

Some ancient council seems fairly mundane, though. It's much less significant, historically speaking than the splits between Shias and Sunnis or Protestants, Orthodox, Catholics and Anglicans.
>>
>>2573831

I've never heard it claimed before that in English God and the Devil are the same word.

Maybe you could provide some evidence for this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.