[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to liberals the Crusades happened because Christians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: First Crusade.jpg (135KB, 1254x720px) Image search: [Google]
First Crusade.jpg
135KB, 1254x720px
According to liberals the Crusades happened because Christians were jealous of the peaceful chill Muslims who discovered algebra and smoked marijuana. The Christians were jealous of how big the Musliims penises were and wanted to compensate for this by spreading their Dark Age mentality of oppressing science, women, and racial minorities to the Muslim world. When in reality the First Crusade was a Catholic counterattack against Muslims for invading Jerusalem 400 years earlier.
>>
>>2571933
It was neither.
>>
>>2571971

There was no economic incentive involved in the Crusades. That's why leftists hate them so much. They're okay with all these other meaningless wars, conquests, and genocides in history but the Crusades really piss them off because it was motivated by nothing more than to give glory to Jesus and to protect Christians.
>>
>>2571933

One day I must meet one of these mythical liberals.
>>
>>2571933
Just post a knight meme and DEUS VULT next time. It'll get the same results without making you look like a retard.

>>2571980
>There was no economic incentive involved in the Crusades.

>poor, landless Nobles proceed to redistribute captured land between them

Religion was the driving force behind the Crusades but it wasn't the only one. You could either bum around your parent's castle or live like a poor burgher or you could win gold, land and entrance to Heaven by fighting in the Holy Land. It was an easy choice.
>>
According to conservative shitposters, liberals say the Crusades happened because Christians were jealous of the peaceful chill Muslims who discovered algebra and smoked marijuana. The Christians were jealous of how big the Musliims penises were and wanted to compensate for this by spreading their Dark Age mentality of oppressing science, women, and racial minorities to the Muslim world. When in reality the First Crusade was a Catholic counterattack against Muslims for invading Jerusalem 400 years earlier.
>>
>>2571997

Are you seriously suggesting posting the DEUS VULT meme doesn't make one look like a retard?
>>
The crusades were at first mainly motivated by the geopolitical calculations of both the pope (Urban II.) and the byzantine emperor (Alexios). Religion was more or less of secondary concern, economics maybe not even tertiary.
>>
Someone explain to me how the outremer works. Were the counties and principalities sworn to the King of Jerusalem? Independent?
>>
>>2572011
There's a sliding scale of retardation. They might be mistaken for /tg/ autist who still posts stale memes.
>>
>>2571980
>economic incentive involved in the Crusades

Fuck off commie
>>
>>2571933
Srsly how old are? , you remind me of the people who knock on doors wanting to talk about lord and savior jesus christ of betlehem
>>
>>2571933
>According to liberals the Crusades happened because Christians were jealous of the peaceful chill Muslims

Name one influential liberal who thinks this

No googling
>>
Someone red pill me on the 4th crusade
>>
>>2571933
>When in reality the First Crusade was a Catholic counterattack against Muslims for invading Jerusalem 400 years earlier.
why did it take them 400 years to counterattack
>>
>>2572091
The standard redpill is pretty obvious the pope didn't want it to happen and therefore wasn't in the real spirit of crusading, and so can't be used to discredit any crusades. just a normal secular war.
Incidentally I found out recently some people make a lot of enrico dandolo memes
>>
The Crusades happened because the Christians (proto-liberals) saw their idea of natural/divine law being violated and saw that as a "crime against humanity", and undertook unilateral police action at cost to their own people to stop it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.