[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Christians / Muslims / Jews hate statues and photos and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Abraham-and-The-Idol-Shop.jpg (102KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
Abraham-and-The-Idol-Shop.jpg
102KB, 640x435px
Why do Christians / Muslims / Jews hate statues and photos and artwork so much?

Is it because of the Iconoclasm specifically ordered in the Second Commandment?

>Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

KJV Exodus 20:4

What is wrong with monotheists?

Is it fair to say that Christians are responsible for the ISIS atrocities against human history at Palmyra or is that going too far?
>>
File: China.jpg (110KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
China.jpg
110KB, 1280x800px
>>2563790

Shameless china slut samefag bump.
>>
Jesus Christ, you're retarded. Sage and die, you meme-spouting retard.
>>
>>2563790
Maybe. You know just maybe... worshipping statues are a pagan tradition and Abraham religions are against it.
>>
Catholics, at least, interpret that commandment within the context of the time in which Moses received it. As I recall, back in the day people used to think the gods lived IN their statues. Hence, in the Aeneid, you have Aeneas carrying his household gods out of the burning ruins of Troy. They weren't just representing the things the statues represented, they were actually venerating the statues themselves. That's what the commandment is about.
>>
>>2563790
>>2565133

if you are bored and actually want to learn something google
-byzantine iconoclasm
-seventh ecumenical council

the first great period of christian destruction of art actually happened due to muslim influence in the easternmost regions of the Byzantine empire.
catholics have never been against images or statues, and the church was the greatest financer of renaissance art.

byzantine iconoclasm happened due to muslim influence, and in protestants its a judaizing heresy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.