[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Most impressive empire in the post-Rome world >/his/ never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 29

File: ottomanempire.jpg (3MB, 3512x2560px) Image search: [Google]
ottomanempire.jpg
3MB, 3512x2560px
>Most impressive empire in the post-Rome world
>/his/ never talks about it because they are upset they conquered some Greeks LARPing as Rome

Say something positive about the Ottomans. Go ahead.
>>
>>2563688
comfy
>>
1. Mehmed was ok
2. They collapsed
>>
>>2563688

>Say something positive about the Ottomans.

They ceased to exist.
>>
>>2563688

That would be the First French Empire
What did the Ottomans ever conquer aside from a bunch of unwashed arabs and squatting Balkans bydlos?
>>
File: OttomanEmpireIn1683.jpg (396KB, 1966x1850px) Image search: [Google]
OttomanEmpireIn1683.jpg
396KB, 1966x1850px
>>2563688
They were the true successors to Rome
>>
File: Repubblica_di_Venezia.png (118KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [Google]
Repubblica_di_Venezia.png
118KB, 1000x635px
If they were so great, then how come a small city-state was able to cuck them of so much land in the Mediterranean?
>>
>>2563705
>conquered nobody of note
>produced nothing of note
>>
>>2563714
a few rocky island /=/ so much land
>>
>>2563716
>If I don't look it up it doesn't exist
>>
>>2563719
>Dalmatia
>Western Albania
>Ionian islands
>the entire Greek archipelago
>Crete

If you can't get any dominance over those very important locations, that means you never get to expand into the Western Med. That's what happened with them.
>>
>>2563723
Yup, we all know of the Ottoman Shakespeare
>>
>>2563714
Because the Venetians were constantly sucking Turkish cock and sniveling to avoid getting their shit kicked in. When the Turks finally got around taking Morea they were well past their peak and Venice was nearly broke
>>
I really like their aesthetics.

>>2563700
An empire can only be considered successful if it lasts long enough that nobody remains alive who can remember it not being a thing.
>>
>>2563688
Probably the least accomplished major empire in history, they stole everything from everyone else.

ERE at least developed the theme system, plus some pretty strong hit and run/counter raid tactics before being cucked at Manzikert. Only Turkish innovation was the siege cannon, in typical Turk fashion wasn't a Turkish invention was was made by a Hungarian. Otherwise they just cav zerg rushed until the cannon made this too obsolete and they began to decline

Name anyone or anything of relevance to the modern world from the Ottoman Empire. You'll find you can't
>>
>>2563765
You don't even read Arabic. Who are you to say there aren't any big names.
>>
>>2563887
What has Arabic to do with this?
>>
>>2563688

They were colossal faggots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6%C3%A7ek

>The köçek (plural köçekler in Turkish) was typically a very handsome young male rakkas, or dancer, who usually cross-dressed in feminine attire, and was employed as an entertainer.

>Famous poets, such as Fazyl bin Tahir Enderuni, wrote poems, and classical composers, such as the court musician Hammamizade İsmail Dede Efendi (1778–1846), composed köçekces for celebrated köçeks. Many Istanbul meyhanes (nighttime taverns serving meze, raki or wine) hired köçeks. Before starting their performance, the köçek danced among the spectators, to make them more excited. In the audience, competition for their attention often caused commotions and altercations. Men would go wild, breaking their glasses, shouting themselves voiceless, or fighting and sometimes killing each other vying for the boys' sexual favors

>Köçeks were much more sought after than the Çengi ("belly dancers"), their female counterparts. Some youths were known to have been killed by the Çengi, who were extremely jealous of men's attention toward the boys.
>>
>>2563838
>Byzantiboo faggots have zero actual historical knowledge

Color me surprised.

Morea/Peloponnese was a temporary acquisition that happened very late, shit for brains. They conquered it only in 1685 and kept it until 1715. Venice was just as much of a rival of the Ottomans as they were a rival of the Byzantines.
>>
>>2563917
>Osman Agha of Temeşvar who fell captive to the Austrians in 1688 wrote in his memoirs that one night an Austrian boy approached him for sex, telling him "for I know all Turks are pederasts".
>>
>>2563688
Jej.

The Chinese have always had the most impressive civilisations. Even in modern times.

>2002
7% middle class
>2020
76% middle class for urban areas.

Straight off of the back of one of the biggest modern kill counts.
>>
>>2563688
>>Most impressive empire in the post-Rome world
>what is byzantium

>/his/ never talks about it because they are upset they conquered some Greeks LARPing as Rome
>entire history can be summed up as 'they beat the byzantines, then tried to keep everything the same for 500 years and failed.'
>>
>>2563917
a good thing here?
>>
>>2563917
True heirs to the Greco-Roman tradition of pederasty.
>>
>>2563688
The most impressive post Rome empire is the Mongol empire
>>
>>2563992
They didn't even have any impressive cities.
>>
How much do we know about ottomans?
Seems like theres little info regarding such a big and long empire. Ive reed that kemalists have burned all that ottomans left to remove kebab and arab influence, dunno if true
>>
>>2563959
did they finally figure out that whole providing running water to most of their population thing yet? or is that going to be after they're all """middle""" class.
>>
>>2563856
Didn't they invent cigarettes and marching bands?
>>
File: pt10_art_olympics.jpg (112KB, 744x419px) Image search: [Google]
pt10_art_olympics.jpg
112KB, 744x419px
>>2564091
>he's a buttblasted amerifuck realizing you can live in 'poverty' and be middle class.

Your tears are delicious, quite frankly. You simply cannot hate the greatest, longest running nation in the world, simply impossible. You are a coward, scared of a billion individuals with a single voice, and a shit fucking ton of money.
>>
>>2564103

Chang, you already had your 50 cents, go home.
>>
>>2564103
lol
>im totally not mad guys
-you, 2017
>>
>>2564103
>longest running nation in the world
>conquered by manchus in 17th century
>had a revolution that overthrew the old chinese order in the 20th century twice
kek
>>
>>2564123
>>2564139
>>2564148

>it's a coward gets triggered by the chinese
Everytime.
>>
>>2564186

Ohhh me thinks i struck a nerve

It's ok, you'll sleep better after daddy Xi gives you your shillbucks
>>
File: shangtimelineposters.jpg (171KB, 772x328px) Image search: [Google]
shangtimelineposters.jpg
171KB, 772x328px
>>2564186
>>
>>2564201
>shill
>hates china
Oh, it's obvious now. Kek, what "pill" are you?

>>>/pol/
>>
>>2564186
>yuan dynasty
>the mongol conquest of china counts as another chinese dynasty

>warring states
>a time when china was divided into multiple kingdoms

Nice bait so far 6/10
>>
>>2564215
Kek. Take those dynasties out, and you lose 300 years of thousands, literally nothing. Great argument senpai.

>Oh no, China wasn't totally united for the 200 years of the warring states
>what about the literal thousands of years before and after
>THEY EAT DOGS

(your argument). Keep arguing. It's a simple historical fact that China has been and still is the longest running nations in the world, with the largest amount of history and culture.

You simply cannot dispute pure facts, without going autisim mode.
>>
>>2564205

>Hates china

No Chang, i don't , for your information I am Chinese- Indonesian, I don't hate my own people

>Hates the CCP, who pays you

That'd be correct.

You see you paid 50 cent posters are awfully easy to spot, maybe if you up your fucking game you won't be made fun of. You claim that anyone who opposes you hates china yet you support the government that mowed down literal millions of chinese people.

>/pol/

I don't go there, sorry, you missed this time.
>>
>>2564233
>interruptions that last centuries
>the entire timeline still counts
Nigga China has been like 20 countries in its history, people have just been so successful and conquering the chinese that they simply created a new china.
>>
>>2564240
>yet you support the government that mowed down literal millions of chinese people.
Kek, care to point me to where I said this? Holy shit calm down senpai.

>I don't go there, sorry, you missed this time.

>Lying online
Kek, you understand there is only one type of person on this website to use the word 'shill'. Don't even bother trying to hide it, only makes you more pathetic.

But yes, I am actually a CCP shill getting paid by the chinese government to increase Chinese nationalism on 4chan.

Holy shit.

>chinese/indonesian
Fucking explains it all, Indonesian are pure scum.
t. Australian.
>>
>>2564233
Lol what a retard
>Greece may have been conquered by the Romans and Turks but there are still Greeks so Greece has lasted for thousands of years straight!
>Modern Egypt is completely different to Ancient Egypt but the call themselves Egyptian so Egypt is actually 8,000 years old! Who cares that they spent most of their post-Persian conquest existence under foreign rule
>Western culture has existed since ancient Greece and the US is western therefore the US is thousands of years old

Literally you
>>
>>2564252
>the Chinese are not Chinese

>Amerifuck education
Kek.
>>
>>2564233
>>2564252
And for the record, before the Warring States China had existed for about 700 years
After it's been 1100 from between Warring States and the end of the ming dynasty.
There are some European states that have been around for that time. Denmark and England have been around since the 10th century,
>>
>>2564280
>the mongols, turkics from central asia, and the manchurians are han chinese
>faggot education
>>
>>2564281
Chinese dynasties have existed and been historically recorded from the Chinese since the Xia dynasty in 2070 BC. Actually historically recorded, not "thought to be" as it is with the Egyptians, actual recorded history in their annals.

Like, it's actually hilarious.
>they were conquered
>therefore not chinese
>not just adding to a diverse peoples and diverse culture
>my whole argument

Can you try?
>>
>>2564267
>Kek, care to point me to where I said this? Holy shit calm down senpai.

Well you may not have said that, but your ultranationalistic rethoric of "China" First! Is awfully remiscent of that used by said paid shills.

>Kek, you understand there is only one type of person on this website to use the word 'shill'. Don't even bother trying to hide it, only makes you more pathetic.

You do realize the word shill has been around in the english language since the 1900 right? But yeah, I must be some stupid /pol/ack white nationalist for using a word that even children's gaming channels use today

fucking kek

>Fucking explains it all, Indonesian are pure scum

Says shitposter supreme
>>
>>2564304
Kek, the majority of your argument is literally if or not you are a pol poster, you know what people do who aren't pol posters who get accused of being one? They simply do not address baseless accusations, only you know the truth after all but there really requires no proof towards a baseless accusation (if it were one).

Go back to pol, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2564303
The Akkadian Empire existed as early as 2300bc
Therefore it is safe to say Iraq is 2300 years old
It doesn't matter that the land and people have been conquered and settled by many people many different times, as they were merely 'adding to the diverse culture'
>>
>>2564329
Woops, about 4300 years old.
>>
>>2564318
Not that anon but if you want to shitpost about pol go to pol
>>
>>2564329
That's an interesting hypothesis, care to back it up with history of the Akkadian people?

Because you know, the genealogy of the Chinese peoples has been extensively studied.
>>
>>2563716
Sounds like the ERE.
>>
>>2564338
You first
I just searched the dates of the Assyrian empire in order to make a point.
>>
>>2564335
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2564318
you're a shill cuck nu-male race traitor
I don't browse /pol/
I'm not that poster
2 (or 3 in this case) can play this stupid game of projection. A certain jargon is certainly indicative of browsing habits but absolutely by no means is it descriptive
>>
>>2563688
>what is the british empire
>>
>>2564354
>let me be ignorant
You understand 92% of MODERN Chinese are Han Chinese.
>>
>>2564356
You are still going, about /pol/ I literally admitted to be baiting you, and you are still fucking going. Seriously, fuck off to pol.
>>
>>2564377
i do
let me remind you that at the time of the ancient xia dynasty, the people inhabiting the vast majority of china were considered barbarians before the sinicization?
>>
>Come into a Ottoman thread
>Chinese debating contemporary politics
Uh, see ya.
>>
>>2564380
>i'm literally not even that guy and I just dropped in the convo
LMAOing@u
>>
>>2564389
Kek.
Now your argument is they were barbarians? Are you saying they are not human?

Because you were saying they are not Chinese due to being invaded over and over, but 92% can trace their DNA back to one of the original Han Dynasties, your argument is getting weaker and weaker.

/pol/ poster in a nuttshell. Just in case you didn't know, the Han dynasty appeared ~1000 years after Xia.
>>
>>2563688
Why would I?
They punished anyone who had a printing press with death.
>>
>>2564403
>strawman strawman strawman
The ancient chinese called the other chinese barbarians.
The Han existing 1000 years after Xia proves what exactly?
The Iraqi people are genetically similar to the ancient assyrians, my argument remains strong: You can't use the age of the most ancient civilisations as part of your argument about modern china's age.
>>
>>2564303
Too bad it ended
>>
because most people on here dont actually read history thus know nothing about history except memes and stock lines
>>
File: F201311050808051405679772.jpg (166KB, 850x552px) Image search: [Google]
F201311050808051405679772.jpg
166KB, 850x552px
>>2564252
China is 95% Han. They have never been too dissimilar to each other. There are no big natural barriers like there are in Europe so they are not as culturally diverse.
>>
File: poster64b.png (265KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
poster64b.png
265KB, 500x365px
>>2563959
China has definitely been the most stabley impressive through history.
>>
Meh, I prefer the Safavids because Abbas the Great was far superior to Suleyman in my opinion. Persia was humiliated from Chaldiran and beset on 2 fronts; Ottomans in the west and Uzbeks to the northeast. Abbas avenged his father's failings, strengthened the economy via direct trade with Europeans, and promoted artistic works that last to this day.

I do concede that the early Ottomans from Osman to Bayezid I were like something from an RPG. They went from an obscure tribe to the most formidable power in the Balkans and Near East.
>>
>>2563912
>Everyone always used the latin alphabet everywhere
>>
>>2564484

Until cultural revolution
>>
>>2563688
>impressive
>greatest building wasn't even built by them
>invent nothing
>>
File: mao-long-march.jpg (60KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
mao-long-march.jpg
60KB, 640x440px
>>2564548
They managed to hold together though. The inner revolts are still Chinese no matter who wins.
>>
>>2564561
They've killed off much of their own culture
>>
>>2564709
There is no such thing as killing culture just adapting culture
>>
>>2564515
My nigga. I love a fellow Safavid fan. I'm generally a Persiaboo in general because their whole civilization is criminally vilified.

However, as great as Abbas was, he failed to secure a good successor. The Safavid dynasty suffered because he killed his sons.
>>
>>2563688
they invented Coffee. So I'm cool with them for the most part. Ava Quasar il Rum!
>>
>>2563856
Coffee?
>>
>>2564709
How come they went from being a poverty stricken country to a global superpower full of supercities?
>>
>>2563912
Holy shit you are dumb
>>
ottomans are comfortable
>>
File: pp-hot-coffee-rf-istock.jpg (152KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
pp-hot-coffee-rf-istock.jpg
152KB, 2048x1536px
>>2564975
I wouldn't be able to live without Coffee
>>
File: 1448143475911.png (112KB, 238x276px) Image search: [Google]
1448143475911.png
112KB, 238x276px
>>2563688
>muh sickman
>>
>>2564052
There isnt that much in english. translating it is pretty difficult as well because ottoman arabic is straight up retarded.
>>
>>2564466
oh fuck off with this goddamn propaganda
>>
>>2564823
It literally targeted traditionalism

Some """"" culture """""
>>
>>2564909
Marked by famine, godlessness, and repression?
>>
China is the most pathetic region to ever exist. All they do is die and starve by the tens of millions every couple centuries and the only reason they have power is because they have so many of their little insects. And they really aren't even that poweful. China would never stand in a war against any true powerful nation. I.e. Second sino japanese war
>>
File: mao-zedong-fake-twitter.jpg (33KB, 485x340px) Image search: [Google]
mao-zedong-fake-twitter.jpg
33KB, 485x340px
>>2565248
get a load of this guy
>>
>>2564909
>global superpower
STOP WITH THIS MEME THERE ARE NO SUPERPOWERS THAT EXIST ANYMORE. China is fucking useless and in a real war their entire economy would collapse and everyone would starve to death. As for any nation today because nobody has any actual industry anymore and the countries that do are poor shitholes. Until countries start taking control of their own destiny and are actually able to project their power efficiently and effectively such as say imperial japan who literally btfo'd all of china at once. And wasn't even that powerful compared to the west. China is a poor shithole as is every communist country. Inb4 "not gommunism" stfu then what is it? If you're nation doesn't even have a definitive government or economy then wtf even is it?
>>
>>2565268
Good one of the most retarded fucking dictators to ever ruin his nation. Literally starved more of his own people than stalin and you insects don't care because his communism has literally corrupted china into a nation of no morality with no care for human lives. China is disgusting if anybody lived in china and had the chance to live in a western country or even japan they would.
>>
File: 1458995920998.gif (1017KB, 229x188px) Image search: [Google]
1458995920998.gif
1017KB, 229x188px
>>2564017

No but they sacked a few.
>>
>>2565273
I agree. China lacks a blue-ocean navy; that's one of the requirements to be a global power. They definitely have economic muscle and their army/air force is something to reckon with, but they're not a cultural exporter like they used to in Ancient, Medieval, and Early Modern times. They're arguably the strongest in Asia, but they're still hemmed in the Pacific by the US, Japan, Australia, and other nations that are wary of their encroachments.
>>
>>2565283
Yeah he admittedly made some mistake and started to backtrack. He had a good heart and meant the best though.

He was just a good old boy from small town Shaoshan who got driven into politics by forces he had no control over.
>>
File: 170px-Mao1927.jpg (8KB, 170x234px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Mao1927.jpg
8KB, 170x234px
>>2565299
>>
File: beijing-museum-1.jpg (125KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
beijing-museum-1.jpg
125KB, 700x467px
>>2565288
Beijing was rebuilt into something greater.
>>
>>2563698
this
>>
>>2565299
Well that doesn't mean he didn't murder millions and destroy China's culture forever it would seem. Human suffering and repression are rampant and that hellish government needs to be put down once and for all.
>>
>>2565326
explain why you don't like them
>>
File: andy-warhol-mao-mao-92-1.jpg (586KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
andy-warhol-mao-mao-92-1.jpg
586KB, 1280x900px
>>2565331
You don't seem to know much about contemporary China because there is still a ton of culture

pic related. chinese contemporary art
>>
>>2565332
Not who you are responding to but the ottomans did fuck all but destroy the birthplace of western civilization and ruin perfectly productive areas such as Anatolia and Greece and the rest of the balkans. And now they pretend they didn't brutally murder over a million Armenians. Liars and scum is all you will find in Turkey i can promise you that. Anywhere where islam is prevalent it's a shit hole because it's one of the most backwards pants on head retarded religions.
>>
>>2565349
How did they ruin those places? They seemed to be pretty productive under the Ottomans. Now you are making huge sweeping generalizations about an entire religion?
>>
>>2565338
Whoever created that image has a very bad case of Stockholm syndrome. That is not art there's no meaning just a terrible brutal dictator who brought ruin to what china could have become. On top of that, that is the same person who diluted traditional chinese culture into something twisted and repulsive. Also looks what he's fucking wearing a boring grey pantsuit lol great culture
>>
>>2565364
You have a pretty backwards idea about China. Too much western propaganda fills your head.
>>
>>2565361
Would you like to explain to me that greece now isn't a shit hole exclusively because of the ottomans? Same goes for albania and the serbia area they tried to genocide the local slavs and replace them with muslims and look what it has done. Caused nothing but war and division. Anatolia and greece were once the jewels of the world. Constantinople was destroyed. These regions were definitely fucking better when they controlled their own destiny. All the ottomans did was larp as the byzantines and europeans but they failed and got their asses handed to them. They just piggy backed off of other people's successes and claim them to be their own. Also don't even fucking dare say islam isn't a shit backwards religion stuck in the medieval ages because you're just naive if you think any less
>>
>>2565366
Another cultural landmark ruined by the GREAT CHAIRMEN GOD KING. Putting his shitty ugly face on it completely ruins the entire structure. The true china would never place a godless heathen like him on their precious monuments. Also that's the same place where you can't express freedom or you will be arrested LOL great country you're doing great!
>>
>>2565388
Greece has been on their own for a hundred years now, you can't forever blame their problems on the Ottomans.
>>
>>2565366
Also >temple of heavenly peace >has a picture of the same person who completely tried to get rid of religion and other traditional chinese customs because "muh great leap foward" and guess what all they did was fall flat on their face
>>
>>2565408
>>2565396
If you don't know about China then don't pretend to and stop commenting.
>>
>>2565403
Actually i can because the greece today is not the same greece that was there thousands of years ago. The ottomans systematically tried to remove the native "white populations" lets call them with muslim turks through forced rape and harems and janissaries. A nation's demographics determine it's future and Greece's demographics were made into something not greek. If you have ever actually been to greece or met any greek people you would know they are mostly brown and are basically turkish
>>
>>2565409
If you don't know that china is a rural shit hole then you know nothing. Everything they produce is cheap and is created by practically slaves. Chinese people will try to fuck you over at any moment and hong Kong and taiwan knows this too well. Taiwan is the true chinese government and that is indisputable
>>
>>2565435
Chinese people is over a billion people. You can't generalize an entire population like that. You are obviously biased or racist towards them.
>>
>>2565445
Yeah and most of those billion follow the same thing as the rest. If you want to see what china really has become watch some liveleak and watch as people are murdered in the street and nobody bats an eye
>>
>>2565480
learn to psychology dude. again you are judging over a billion people based on a couple examples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect
>>
>>2565506
You also fail to realize that the whole idea of gommunism is the rejection of self and the complete subservience to the state. As they are taught basically they are all equally worthless. It's not a race thing it's a communist cultural thing of no morality or empathy for other human being or living things. Which is clear by their refusal to do anything that might make their people happier or in a better position
>>
>>2565506
It is better to kill the person you ran over in china than to let them live because that way you dont have to pay for their hospital costs. I've seen chinese doctors reject patients and give them shit treatment for seemingly no reason, I've watched a person get run down in the street then the driver back up over his body to make sure he was dead and that shit happens every fucking day constantly I've seen it with my own 2 eyes
>>
>>2563917
>The köçek (plural köçekler in Turkish) was typically a very handsome young male rakkas, or dancer, who usually cross-dressed in feminine attire, and was employed as an entertainer.
>handsome
>pic related
Yeah that's... that's a very handsome man. Very handsome.
>>
File: russian-literature-ii.jpg (66KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
russian-literature-ii.jpg
66KB, 509x720px
>>2563887
>>2564539
>>2564951
>I don't read russian yet somehow...

Everyone gets mad sometimes;
But there's something special about the arrogant way you roaches and towelheads get into it, deflecting facts and insulting others intelligence, swarming around each other in support, whilst pretending to be an oppressed minority.

Something about it.
>>
>>2565599
go larp on a different board
>>
>>2564215
You figured out the secret of 5000 years of history. Just claim that everything is China and any "disruptions" were not disruptions at all, merely the Mandate of Heaven.
>>
>>2564403
>but 92% can trace their DNA back to one of the original Han Dynasties
There isn't any ancient autosomal DNA to back up your assertion.

There is some degree of regional continuity from uniparental markers and craniofacial measurements though this would only be applicable to northern Han Chinese.
>>
>>2565633
I'm gunna need an explanation on this guys face plz.
Seriously, is she a he, or he a she?
>>
>>2565665
What?
>>
Why didn't anyone else duplicate the harem system?
>>
>>2565887
Lurk more newfag
>>
>>2565633
He looks like a Hindu deity, kek.
>>
>>2563688
They didn't ruin EVERYTHING about Constantinople
>>
I don't talk about them because I don't consider Turks to be human beings, nor do I consider Islam to be anything other than institutionalized barbarism. Might as well waste your time talking about the "civilization" of prairie dogs.
>>
>>2564466
>China is 95% Han
Only because the census doesn't allow them identify as anything but Han. Just smooth over the various ethnic groups and claim they are all Han.
>>
>>2565889
I know what it means you massive faggot but whoever called me a larper is a fucking idiot when talking about simple facts it's a joke
>>
>>2565480
The West truly fucked up China.

First with a Westernized Japan. Second with the Communism.
>>
>>2565421
this guy is a fucking retard

>>2565403
the problem with Greece is that after 400 years of having the Ottoman government over them and keeping them poor made them develop a mentality of laziness that affected its people and making them rely on government for everything. And they would've been in an even worse shape if they were under communist control
>>
>>2564370
>what is the british empire

Not impressive, and short lived (1850s to the 1950s)
>>
File: Greek_Crowd.jpg (226KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Greek_Crowd.jpg
226KB, 620x387px
>>2565421
>The ottomans systematically tried to remove the native "white populations" lets call them with muslim turks through forced rape and harems and janissaries.
"White populations" is bullshit. Ethnicity, language and above all religion were the defining factors of categorization of Ottoman subjects. There wasn't any significant policy of suppression of ethnic identity in the Empire, get your head out of your ass. The fucking patriarchate was allowed to exist, Greeks kept being orthodox and papadopouloplos still spoke Greek well into the 500 years of occupation. Also, being a Janissary meant a high paying job, a great societal status and superb education, if anything, those islamised christians "whiten'd" the Ottoman elite.
>If you have ever actually been to greece or met any greek people you would know they are mostly brown and are basically turkish
Except they aren't, they look literally like the average southern balkanite, and the value you assign to race when it comes to a state's efficiency is childish.
>>
File: muh japan.jpg (56KB, 316x452px) Image search: [Google]
muh japan.jpg
56KB, 316x452px
>>2565248

>muh japan

Needed to steal chinese letters to have real writing.
>>
>>2565480

t. cuck

what happens if a muslim goes on a killing spree in Europe?

>islam has nothing to do with jihadism
>he was a poor and troubled guy
>#prayforparis
>lets invite more refugees

and let's not forgot the best statement ever:

>France has to live with terrorism
>>
>>2566923
You're a fucking idiot. The ottomans commited genocides on mass scale snd nobody seem to care because their victims weren't jewish and we can't cry about it
>>
>>2567443
Who gives a fuck either way japan literally crushed the chinese in the war and only lost because they just didn't have enough insecticide to go around. And they were fighting the worlds greatest powers at the same time. China is a joke nation and always will be
>>
>>2567466
What are you talking about. I believe muslims needs to be fucking exterminated or reformed because their religion actually stops progression. Their shitty religion created by a pedophile retard warlord with promises of 72 virgins in heaven when you throw your life away for his own imperial desires.
>>
>>2563688
>most impressive empire
Lepanto, Vienna, Malta, ...
>>
>>2566923
You've completely missed the point the greeks were white and now they are brown. I know that sounds simple when i say it but it's fucking true and if you don't believe me go to greece yourself you faggot. Hundreds of years of occupation from retarded muslims really does a toll on your ethnicity and people which it clearly fucking did seeing how the balkans are a shit show now. The ottomans craved everything the byzantines snd the west created but they failed every time. Demographics determine a nation's destiny and if you think otherwise you're actually retarded. If you actually believe a country of inbred muslims is just as productive as an industrialized white nation such as say oh germany, france, russia, britian, Spain, portugal, or even asian countries such as japan or china. The ottomans created NOTHING and wer always NOTHING. They pretend they had some glorious empire when all they were was a little nuisance to Europe or other actual power houses. This is clear when we see how the ottomans were just cucked and sat there for hundreds of years becsuse they can't organize well enough to colonize or do anything worth of note. The middle east is better off with them in ruling over their shit subjects anyways because at least there was somd sort of stability and the ottomans weren't full muslims retards but they were still retarded which is one of the requirements in becoming a muslim
>>
>>2566923
Also nearly everyone in the crowd looks like they have turkish admixture and look like monkeys im sorry but you've only proven my point even more so lol
>>
>>2564515
>I do concede that the early Ottomans from Osman to Bayezid I were like something from an RPG. They went from an obscure tribe to the most formidable power in the Balkans and Near East.
Osman gives justification to the Great Man theory of history. He was the right guy at the right place at the right time. But there was no guarantee he and his successors would succeed in having an empire that spans 3 continents.
>>
>>2563738
Not a single place you listed has worth
>>
>>2564215
This
>>
>>2564550
Aya sofya isn't that special the blue mosque blows it out of the water.
>>
>>2567723
>the greeks were white
Source?
>>
>>2567704
How did they get that far though, they started as a small as fuck tribe.
>>
>>2567723
Greeks were as they always were same with the balkans.
The incoming turkics were in too small numbers to actually change the populations of anatolia and greece.
It's just that many people became turkified also greece has been independant for more than a century they can only blame themselves for sucking this hard.
>>
File: bd8.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>2567766
>comparing the used-to-be largest church in the world that was built in the 6th century to a literal copy paste that was built in the 17th century
>>
>>2567860
That copy paste looks just better anon.
The inside with all the blue mosaics is mesmerizing.
>>
>>2567871
>make a copy paste
>add a bunch of other shit so it doesn't look like a copy paste
woooooooooow
>>

It's not that, their culture is just boring. Or at least is from our perspective as westerners:

- No naturalistic art.
- Very little real philosophy beyond regurgitated theology.
- No real influential drama, literature, music etc.
- Virtually zero technology or science.

I'll give them their architecture, but then again that was heavily based upon earlier Byzantine/Islamic Near Eastern stuff, and their best architect (Sinan) was an Islamized Christian.

There's just not a whole lot to the Ottomans. They were a culturally and scientifically vacuous state who existed only as a plunder-empire.
>>
>>2567878
The aya sofya has just shitty pictures of jesus and that's it.
>>
>>2567887
18th century europe thought differently.
>>
>>2567871
It looks better because the dumb Turds concreted over or destroyed the interior of the Agia Sophia you moron.

>>2567887
And note that this isn't uniform. Where westerners did encounter cultures they had more than a passing interest in, they did genuinely respect and revere them (Edo-period Japan for example).
>>
>>2567896
They didn't. Yes, there was some passing interest in near-eastern/oriental motifs, but it was never anything more than a fad.

>>2567888
They're among the most impressive mosaics ever made.
>>
>>2564103
That's the construction site, you idiot
>>
>>2567780
Source is their fucking facial structures, body types and numerous other things such as statues and other art to represent these things, you know what fuck it im done you are actualy claiming that the ancient greeks weren't white goodbye sir not worth my time have a nice day
>>
>>2567818
It's definitely greeces fault but the turks are alsso to blame with the dilution of the native greek ethnicity. It's over for greece and anatolia those once beautiful places were ruined long ago.
>>
>>2563917
Proof that they wuz not khanz but islamic greeks
>>
>>2563688
The god-tier building in OPs pic was made from those Larper's.
Face it mongol, you have good military and definetly a right to exist but the world is better of without the Ottomans.
Btw
>25th of March
>Happy birthday Hellas.
>>
>>2563688
They kept a whole lot of middle Eastern autism contained.
>>
>>2563917
It's stuff like this that led the Arabs to hate the Turks and consider them apostates from Islam towards the end of the Empire. A big part of the Arab revolt wasn't just nascent Arab nationalism but a belief that Turks weren't real Muslims.
>>
>>2565338
Ah yes, a picture by an American artist individualizing a picture of a collectivist dictator who just so happens to have been from China is the PERFECT example of Chinese contemporary art...
>>
File: Erzurum_Cifte_Minareli_Sunrise.jpg (2MB, 3024x2496px) Image search: [Google]
Erzurum_Cifte_Minareli_Sunrise.jpg
2MB, 3024x2496px
>>2564550
>>2567860
>>2567898
Here's some actual Turk architecture. Looks way better than Hagia Sophia 2bh.
>>
>>2565838
you get boys that look like girls so that you can't impregnate them. The Ottomans did it and so did other civilizations.
>>
>>2568326
>Looks way better than Hagia Sophia 2bh.
it doesn't
>>
File: peker6.gif (71KB, 358x428px) Image search: [Google]
peker6.gif
71KB, 358x428px
>>2568356
Sorry but Hagia Sophia looks like an ugly factory to me. It's a devolution of Greco-Roman architecture.
>>
>>2568366
overdesigned shit
>>
>>2568326
That's actually Persian in origin.

Turks had no architectural styles of their own, they just took from other people.
>>
File: Konya.Turkish.building.jpg (889KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Konya.Turkish.building.jpg
889KB, 1600x1200px
>>2568371
It's a mix of a lot of different architectural styles. By this logic, Europe has no original architecture either besides Greco-Roman.
>>
>>2568383
>It's a mix of a lot of different architectural styles

Identify what component is specifically is "Turkish" about it then.

>By this logic, Europe has no original architecture either besides Greco-Roman.

And romanesque, gothic etc.

Europe is the most architecturally rich place on earth. There are single cities in Northern Italy with more architecturally heritage than entire portions of continents - and that is no exaggeration.
>>
File: Gökmedrese-camisi-amasya.jpg (626KB, 921x580px) Image search: [Google]
Gökmedrese-camisi-amasya.jpg
626KB, 921x580px
>>2568394
>And romanesque, gothic etc.

Derived from Greco-Roman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seljuk_architecture

>After the 11th century the Seljuks of Rum emerged from the Great Seljuk Empire developing their own architecture, though they were influenced and inspired by the Armenians, Byzantines and Persians.

You can't say this looks the same as Persian architecture or anything else despite the influences. It's clearly it's own thing.
>>
>>2568422
>Derived from Greco-Roman.

Nah, they're their own thing. What they derive from Greco-Roman architecture is more basic geometric layouts (e.g. the basillica) and things like that.

>You can't say this looks the same as Persian architecture or anything else despite the influences

It does though. It's a hybrid of Persian and Armenian. That existed before the Turks.
>>
>>2568443
>After the 11th century the Seljuks of Rum emerged from the Great Seljuk Empire DEVELOPING THEIR OWN ARCHITECTURE

Why can't butthurt faggots read quotes correctly?
>>
>>2568478
>wikipedia
>turk starts chimping out when asked a simple question

ook
>>
>>2567900
I wasn't very impressed when I saw it.
There are mosaics of jesus all over anatolia.
The inside of the blue mosque looks beautiful though.
Anyway if you want to talk about great churches the St Peter in Rome is I think the best.
>>
>>2568102
The greeks should have been strong enough to resist then.
They got defeated by smaller forces more than once.
>>
>>2568443
Actually almost everything in europe is basically taken from greco-roman civilization.
Most of the cathedrals use arches which were a central part of roman architecture.
>>
>>2565480
Just so you know, this is because people dying which can't be helped creates a huge drain on the government, HUGE. It's bad, yes. Look at the other side, Americans cannot even afford to go to the doctors when they are actually sick and in need, because of how much of a drain it is.

Chinese are the few people to accept this and actually kill people who cannot be saved in order to drain the economy less, thus saving more and helping more in the long run.

Right or wrong? it's up to the side you want to take. It's totally justifiable, it's not murder. It's different societies, and you are judging an entire peoples on a concept you do not understand.

But yes, a developing nation with a billion+ people has to be able to give it's peoples 100% palliative care, even though it will most likely destroy the nation? You cannot even achieve that with a nation of 300 million, with literally, the most money in the fucking world.
>>
>>2563688
Never. The mere mention of the word "Ottoman" makes my blood boil. Never can I even see the piece of furniture lest I go into a rage. I feel the same way about Turkey. Out of all the countries in the history of the world I hate none as much as I hate them.
>>
>>2563688
That would be united states.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.