[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How on earth is a post-industrial economy sustainable? Lets face

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

How on earth is a post-industrial economy sustainable? Lets face it: Most people aren't STEMfags or Humanitiesfags. When the West moved from a preindustrial economy to an industrial economy at least that person who's family has been blacksmiths for 10 generations could get a job at the local smelting plant. When the smelting plant moves the China and nothing takes its place what's he suppose to do? Become and IT guy? Ridiculous.
>>
dude ubi lmao
>>
he's supposed to die
>>
Capitalism completely destroyed local industry, craft work, and culture. Communists are cringey but they get a lot of things right.
>>
by moving into service oriented fields?
i dont understand the question I guess. You're asserting that jobs leave forever and are never replaced by anything else but America provides far more jobs today than it ever did in 1950 when manufacturing made up a much larger percentage of the economy.
>>
>>2562651
>by moving into service oriented fields?
Besides the fact that many of these leave as well, flipping burgers isn't really a way to start a family.
>>
>>2562651
That doesn't mean they are stable jobs a family can live off of. The population is much larger than it was in 1950s as well.
>>
>>2562662
>flipping burgers isn't really a way to start a family

ay amigo if there's one thing that will always have demand and will always be around (hopefully) is food, so if your family were cooks and such you'll easily find a spot wherever and whenever you go.

but anyway, most people adopt to the changes through generations, the grand father would fix the father's way, and the father fixes the son's and so on.

in other words they learn the means of survival even if it means throwing their craft into the Environment-Friendly™ Gluten-Free™ Recycling-Pin©.
>>
>>2562675
Sure, but many of those jobs do pay enough to provide for a family. Manufacturing wasn't exactly 'stable' employment either until unions came along but the concessions they wrung out made most of the work they did unprofitable thus spurring outsourcing & automation. I guess my hang up is that those 'ideal' 1970s plant jobs that could provide for a family of 4 were a product of a specific time & place whose conditions no longer exist.

That doesn't mean there are less jobs, the jobs have just move to different sectors of the economy. Many of the fastest growing sectors pay more than your typical factory production supervisor.
>>
>>2562574
We must imagine Sisyphus as a NEET.
>>
>>2562727
he's basically /fit/
>>
>>2562706
You're notion that people can seamless move from factory jobs to service sector jobs seems off. The fact that suivide and drug use highest among White working class without a college degree is telling that something isn't right.
>>
It isn't. Capitalism is going to be completely cucked by automation. Everybody can see it coming.
>>
>>2562771
I never said they could. There have always been losers in economic development. It seems to me if this was 1810 you'd be arguing that the manufacturing is a blight because it's putting the guilds out of business.
>>
>>2562807
Not necessarily. Post industrialization leaves a gap that industrialization doesn't.
>>
>>2563342
What 'gap'? America's service sector provides more jobs than its manufacturing sector ever did.
>>
>>2563553
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/record-94708000-americans-not-labor-force-participation-rate-drops
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.