[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to read this. What am I in for? Can you give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: half never told.jpg (54KB, 658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
half never told.jpg
54KB, 658x1000px
I'm about to read this. What am I in for?

Can you give me your notes or thoughts on it?
>>
>>2554215
>What am I in for?
about 200 replies to this thread
>>
File: 1473029505746.jpg (136KB, 640x977px) Image search: [Google]
1473029505746.jpg
136KB, 640x977px
>>2554218
Oh damn. I knew this book was a big deal. but I didn't know it was "200 replies to my thread" of a big deal.

Did anyone read the arguments between Baptist and The Economist?
>>
bump cause Nobody gave a fuck!
>>
>>2554215
>Slavery made America rich
>>The Free States were much richer then the Slave States

explain that...
>>
>>2554497
Well how did the free states make their profit?

Probably trading with the brits to fund slave states?

Indirect slavery is still slavery.
>>
You're probably in for the same thing every book about American history talks about.

>muh slaves
>muh white guilt
>muh pay reparations now
>muh white privilege
>muh the U.S is a vicious patriarchy and should be destroyed

etc.
>>
>>2554604
sounds about right though.

Those slaves got fucked in the ass.
>>
>>2554624
Right or wrong, why willingly read political propaganda that is constantly everywhere else...
>>
>>2554575
>Well how did the free states make their profit?

Before the Civil War the North was still primarily agricultural, wasn't it?

I know that there was a degree of industrialization, but the US economy as a whole was still much more focused on producing raw resources than Europe was.
>>
>>2554642
You know why it was agriculture? because they were making a profit of providing food for the sugar plantations in the south islands off florida.

There was not a single farm in the south that was used to grow food, just pure sugar. The north did all the growing of food, and the sugar plants bought it, then the sugar was sold to the brits, and the brits allowed credit to the north, thus the trade triangle fueled by slavery happened.
>>
>>2554631
Since when is recounting facts considered political propaganda?

>that is constantly everywhere else...
According to the reviews, it just so happens that Baptist says it concisely. So the merit of the book isn't lost.
>>
>>2555024
Tracts about the past horrors of humanity aren't simply "recounting facts".
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.