[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it's time for a new Funny historical moments thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: >belgians.png (190KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
>belgians.png
190KB, 400x400px
I think it's time for a new Funny historical moments thread.

I'll begin with OC

You may know the story of the russian baltic fleet and its disastrous journey to the pacific.
Let me tell you another devastating military failure.

And sorry for the bad english.

> Be a belgian officer in 1940
> Defending the mighty Ében-Émael, one of the strongest fortress of Europe
> 650 men garrisoned, 4 km of tunnels
> Double 120mm howitzer in a cupola, two double 75mm
> Twelve 75mm in pillboxes
> Anti-tank defenses all around, 60mm anti-tank tubes and machine guns everywhere
We can stop an entire army
We are Belgians, we are kings, we will defend against Germany

> Be the 10th of May
> 00:30 AM
> We receive the "Alerte Alfred"
The Germans are here at last.
> Fullalert.mp3
We will stop the Wehrmacht
Wait.
Where is everyone ?
> Most of the garrison is sleeping outside of the fortress.
> They should have been awoken by 20 cannon shots from the North and the South
> North turret is unoccupied
> South turret have mounted the firing pins upside down. A gunsmith is sent to repair the howitzers.
Merde.png
Ok but where are the garrisoned soldiers ?
> Commander Jottrand recalled them ALL to remove the archives from the outside barracks, because they are in front of the howitzers.
> The fortress is undefended
Putain.jpg
-But wait ! Some turrets are manned
> Gunners did not load them
> During past excercises, they were scolded because they opened the airtight ammo stocks
> This time, they decided to keep them sealed and wait.

Cont.
>>
File: 2009-Eben Emael -35.jpg (60KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
2009-Eben Emael -35.jpg
60KB, 600x390px
>>2553411

> 3:25 AM
> The gunsmith at last repaired the howitzers
> Our soldiers are finally coming
> But the Germans are 50 minutes away
We- we are ready
> The whole fortress is waiting for the panzers
Where are those damn Germans ?
> It's 4:25 AM now
> Suddenly, loud explosions are heard
> Reports are extremely confused
> It seems that 9 motherfucking gliders have landed on top of the fortress
> Anti-air did not fire
> Because gliders were silent and anti-aircraft machine guns were not told to open fire.
Mazette.tiff
> 69 motherfucking german soldiers, boosted with amphetamines, are destroying the turrets, cupolas and pillboxes one by one with hollow charges
> Everyone is terrified and fleeing
> 10 minutes later, all of the heavy defense is down
> The motherfucking german soldiers entered the fort with pistols and our troops are retreating everywhere
> Fucking commander Jottrand is giving erroneous orders

Long story short
> 24-hours "siege"
> Germans paras are still there, they are destroying everything with their hollow charges
> Only six of them are dead
> Fucking commander Jottrand is calling for help, but the belgian division is lost somewhere and phone lines are being cut
> More Germans are coming
> Stukas are bombing everything

At last
> We decide to surrender
> Ambassador is sent out to negociate an honorable surrender
> We open our main door...
> Ambassador is knocked out, Germans are rushing inside thanks to the wide opened door. They soon take the whole fortress.
Putain de chier.mp34

Belgium is open to the Germans. Panzers went through and did not stop their journey until Dunkerque.
Ében-Émael was not even a strategic point. Goebbels just wanted it for the lulz and propaganda.
>>
>>2553420

basically a belgium repeat of the battle of Liège in WW I

> Be late sumer 1914
> Everyone knows germany will pass through liege
> Belgium build stronk concrete fortress to withstand 20 cm guns and block path
> Germany uses 40 cm guns
> It's very effective!

Literally the only thing stopping it from being a quicker seige was the time required to set up the 410mm artillery

wikipedia and the uneducated will claim this delayed the germans long enough for british french to gather forces but germany would later have open paths to paris that could have completed the von schleifen plan with minimal delays well before january had they taken these opportunities
>>
>>2553709
You're right
But it seems the Belgians were less incompetent at Liege
>>
>>2553773

fucking belgians

always have just one roll, build a fort, defend the fort for a couple weeks, here's where they'll be coming, here's where you'll need to defend, just pls hold this spot

can never do this
>>
File: IMG_2248.jpg (215KB, 1156x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2248.jpg
215KB, 1156x669px
Good thread OP, thanks for the laugh
>>
Bump
Come on, history is mostly fun moments
>>
>>2554076
There are one of these threads in the archives
>>
>>2554092
The goal is to have OC
>>
ebin ragecomic picture OP
>>
>>2555691
content > form
>>
Simply fuck off.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.