[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ends the lives of approximately 129,000 to more than 246,000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>ends the lives of approximately 129,000 to more than 246,000 civilians and soldiers to announce to the other inhabitants of the planet the superiority of its machines of warfare
>later spends two periods of ten years each fighting a war in Vietnam, a Southeast Asian nation thick in jungle cover, which it proved unable to be successful at, all the while never utilizing its option of dropping a weaponized nuclear reaction on the Viet Cong soldiers, thereby markedly damaging our outward appearance and the international perception of us as an autonomous state with a large ability to leverage

Pray tell, for what did we embark on the original dropping of the nuclear fission reaction weapon on the citizens of the autonomous archipelago in northeast Asia known as Japan?
>>
>>2553189
>we drop a nuclear weapon on a small conflict in Southeast asia
>we then show the communists that we would use the bomb in small engagements, starting the chain reaction to WW3

If you want my opinion, we should have changed our ROE and let our armies rampage across the country like in Armageddon Now.
>>
File: 1490004225115.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
1490004225115.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
>>2553189
hmmmmm. I wonder. was there a specific reason that we decided to drop the bomb in WW2, but not drop the bomb in Vietnam? hmmmmmmm, im really trying to think.

maybe it had something to do with what other countries had in their arsenal? or maybe the consequences of using a nuke were different? hmmmm...
>>
>have bunch of cannibalistic death cultist hellbent on world domination
>have to put them down
>use your strongest weapon to do so
>70 years later
>a self-loathing weaboo cries about how nagasaki and hiroshima were war crimes
>>
Oh look, it's THIS thread again.
>>
>>2553189
More Japs and Americans would've died if we were forced to invade the island itself. Fucked up but dropping those bombs saved lives
>>
>>2553385
>falling for muh downfall meme

Just continuing and expanding on Operation Starvation would have done the trick. Sure it would most likely caused 10 million or so nips to starve to death but hey at least muh nukes wouldn't had been dropped and in the end that is all that matters.
>>
>>2553206
>Armageddon Now
wat
>>
>>2553724
Fuck me. I meant Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>2553372
They were objectively war crimes. So was the fire bombing of Tokyo and other cities. McNamara himself said so.
>>
>>2553189
To end the World of War 2

>>2555053
Wow they committed a war "crime" in a war where everyone else also committed war "crimes" lock them up!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.