[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hurr prostitution is the oldest profession Yeah, no. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gorillaphaunt.jpg (208KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gorillaphaunt.jpg
208KB, 600x450px
>hurr prostitution is the oldest profession

Yeah, no. The oldest profession could have been nothing but the acquiring of food, which can then be distributed and the distributor can expect some kind of reward or compensation - be that in the form of not doing other forms of labour, greater access to living resources/luxuries, or services from other individuals.

Yes this is a serious thread. Discuss my point. I'm not wrong though. Pic not related I couldn't find a decent pic
>>
You are wrong because staying alive doesn't count as a "profession." Food has inherent value. Sex doesn't. When you take sex and assign it an arbitrary value (i'll have this much sex with you for x amount of berries and nuts) it becomes economic, aka a profession.
>>
>>2552382
>Yeah, no. The oldest profession could have been nothing but the acquiring of food, which can then be distributed and the distributor can expect some kind of reward or compensation - be that in the form of not doing other forms of labour, greater access to living resources/luxuries, or services from other individuals.

What if people exchanged sexual favours for that food?
>>
Yeah, it's a retarded meme. If prostitution was the first profession then how did the clients acquire the resources to pay for the prostitute? By hunting, gathering? The hunting, gathering predate prostitution.
>>
>>2552391
Then the people that got the food were the original professionals
>>
profession means payed job. what would you pay in? probably food, favours. I don't know if I would exactly consider transactions the same back then as I do now.

Its a dumb question anyway because of having to define so many things and the fact that you can never find the truth anyway.
>>
>itt: people who don't know what profession means
>>
Prostitution already presupposes a level of social stratification that precludes it being the first profession. You can't be a prostitute in a small tribal community where everyone knows other. In such a community if you're a woman and you're not taken, the men will just have their way with you, no need to exchange anything for it.
>>
women trade sex for protection, food, etc.
boom there u go
>>
>>2552409
This pretty much will BTFO anyone who says it is the oldest profession
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
>>2552382
You may be right, but, more importantly, you are also autistic.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.