[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are liberals whining about the Dark Ages? The Dark Ages only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

File: advance.jpg (20KB, 412x287px) Image search: [Google]
advance.jpg
20KB, 412x287px
Why are liberals whining about the Dark Ages? The Dark Ages only effected Europe. What's the rest of the world's excuse for not inventing flying cars?
>>
Roman Empire > rest of the world in middle ages > dark age Europe
>>
>>2552193

>1 CE
who made this retarded graph?
>>
>>2552210

You are dumber than that person if that's your problem with it.
>>
Mongols and issolation
aka no locally run church that banned science and burned countless women for hundreds of years
>>
>>2552193

>What's the rest of the world's excuse for not inventing flying cars?

Even though race isn't real and we're all 100% equal the burden of scientific advancement is on white Europeans because uhhh ummmm WE'RE ALL EQUAL.
>>
>>2552193
Someone post the full graph including the finno-korean hyper war.
>>
According to the graph rome would have internet by 1000
>>
western civilization is literally the driving force of humanity's advancement
>>
>>2552219

>chuch that banned science and burned women

oh, I get it, you're placing bait down
>>
>>2552306
>you will never shitpost on IVchan about barbarian newfags forcing their shitty germanic memes
damn
>>
In which units is the Y axis?
>>
>>2552210

true, it ought to be 1 AD
>>
>>2552326
Number of free thinking intellectuals.
>>
File: IMG_7074.jpg (192KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7074.jpg
192KB, 1024x768px
>>2552193
The whole way people look at the dark ages were dumb.

Germanic tribes took over Europe, which were never advanced to begin with. Then themselves rapidly advanced at an unprecedented pace.

Knowledge still existed, it was just isolated to Byzantium till it collapsed and spurred the renaissance.
>>
File: chinks.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chinks.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>christians are the cause for the dark ages
>>
>>2552193
Keep in mind that these are the same people who think King Arthur and Merlin and Lancelot actually existed and ruled over Britain and Europe
>>
>>2552193
>why are liberals whining about the dark age

they aren't
>>
>>2552193
The Dark Ages are a meme.
>>
Everytime I point out how implicitly racist this image to the typical redditor that posts it they immediately flip their shit. Are they even capable of thinking?
>>
File: 1450006941207.jpg (144KB, 518x462px) Image search: [Google]
1450006941207.jpg
144KB, 518x462px
>>2552933
Snownigger cowards are. They fled to Roman territories instead of being a man and fighting the Huns head-on.
>>
>>2552989
then again, most weren't christian
>>
>>2552984
well you are using the same argument John Green used
>>
>>2552894
>Knowledge still existed, it was just isolated to Byzantium
islamic spain was a center of knowledge and some knowledge from the east passed into europe through it. other parts of islamic areas adopted greek knowledge and used it to advance their own understanding.

>>2552981
i've seen some of them claim that we are falling into a new dark age because republicans/conservatives/trump/alt right are in power right now. to them they are "progressive" and everyone else is trying to destroy that "progress"...that is, to bring us into a new dark age
>>
http://strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/

It's not hard to kick this nonsense to pieces, especially since the people presenting it know next to nothing about history and have simply picked up these strange ideas from websites and popular books. The assertions collapse as soon as you hit them with hard evidence. I love to totally stump these propagators by asking them to present me with the name of one - just one - scientist burned, persecuted, or oppressed for their science in the Middle Ages. They always fail to come up with any. They usually try to crowbar Galileo back into the Middle Ages, which is amusing considering he was a contemporary of Descartes. When asked why they have failed to produce any such scientists given the Church was apparently so busily oppressing them, they often resort to claiming that the Evil Old Church did such a good job of oppression that everyone was too scared to practice science. By the time I produce a laundry list of Medieval scientists - like Albertus Magnus, Robert Grosseteste, Roger Bacon, John Peckham, Duns Scotus, Thomas Bradwardine, Walter Burley, William Heytesbury, Richard Swineshead, John Dumbleton, Richard of Wallingford, Nicholas Oresme, Jean Buridan and Nicholas of Cusa - and ask why these men were happily pursuing science in the Middle Ages without molestation from the Church, my opponents usually scratch their heads in puzzlement at what just went wrong.
>>
>>2552215
>CE is made by a bunch of butthurt Jews so that they don't have to mention the birth of Christ
>Keep the calender based off the birth of Christ anyway
Great Job there
>>
>>2553397
To be honest, the amount of medieval scientists is quite low considering it was an era that spawned several centuries of history. Renaissance produced way more scientists despite having a much lower population than pre-black plague Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_European_scientists

Like half of them are fucking Muslims. That's shameful.
>>
>>2554667
By what standard is the amount "low?" Compare it to any other era in some other civilization and it isn't low at all.
>>
>>2554696
>higher population than Renaissance Europe
>encompasses several centuries of history unlike only two or one and a half for the Renaissance
>a list of Renaissance scientists would look twice or three times as big than that other one if you exclude the Muslims
>>
>>2554725
So you're compareing them to the renaissance? The successor era the Middle Ages gave birth to? Why not compare the Middle Ages to some period in China or India? MesoAmerica or Africa? Wouldn't that be more logical? Perhaps the amount of scientist in the Middle Ages isn't low so much that the era's in Europe after the Middle ages are high?
>>
>>2554739
I don't even want to see how bad the entire medieval Islamic world would BTFO Europe at science if the list of medieval EUROPEAN scientists is already full of Muslims everywhere.
>>
>>2554762
You still haven't given any criteria of why the Middle ages is low except the fact that the renaissance produced more. Considering the Renaissance is all about humanism n sheeit that's not surprising.
>>
>>2553373
that's how most people work
they're locked into their ideology because it's their ideology and the ideology of their friends/family and it makes them feel good and it fits how their mind works and so on, and that gets put onto their ideals or the ideals of their ideology
>>
>>2554779
I think it's low compared to the medieval Islamic world. Need to research more about Muslim scientists and shit to be sure.
>>
File: 1471930200043.png (934KB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1471930200043.png
934KB, 3630x1615px
>>2552193
>Not posting the full chart
>>
>>2554828
not this shitty forced meme
>>
There were no 'dark ages'.
>>2554739
Science is irrelevant.
>>
>>2552324
>ywn watch some guy talking about the hustory of Rome as a Roman in 1500 AD
>>
File: 1489793585631.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489793585631.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>2552219
>People unironically think this

This is truly frightening
>>
>>2554828
Always gets me every time.
>>
liberals whine about everything
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 882x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 882x549px
>>2554828
>>
>>2555640
>posthuman peak
>the great supine decline
thanks doc
>>
File: IMG_0732.gif (195KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.gif
195KB, 640x360px
>>2554828
>exploring outer singularity
All the fuckin time
>>
>>2553373
>i've seen some of them claim that we are falling into a new dark age
>my anecdotal evidence denotes all of reality
Even so your anecdotal evidence doesn't even refer to the Dark ages
>>
>>2552193
This chart is shit and presumes whatever polytheist bullshit Constantine gave up before the Romans went Christlike was any better.
>>
>>2560237
It's based on a literal meme war between Koreans and Finns.
>>
File: 1488481179259.gif (625KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1488481179259.gif
625KB, 256x256px
>>2552193
There was a fall in scientific advance because the cutler could not keep up with the knowledge. Same thing will happen when the world economy enviably fails, and globalism is put on hold of a thousand more years. So people who say the church is at fault, when it was the one thing holding Europe together after the fall of Rome are retarded. Its all a cycle, slowly moving us forward stopping along the way to fix everything else.
>>
File: crying-babies.jpg (10KB, 270x240px) Image search: [Google]
crying-babies.jpg
10KB, 270x240px
>>2552989
>why didn't these dumb snowniggers just fucking died fighting against forces they didn''t stand a chance against
>>
>>2552193
Most of the world outside Europe never even had any sort of non-Dark age until they were enlightened (and also brutally oppressed) by interactions with Europeans in the last 200 years or so.
>>
File: you.png (796KB, 1006x772px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
796KB, 1006x772px
>>2552223
>when you post on the history board without knowing anything about history
>>
>>2555640
I'm a member of Squidkind from 12000AD (trapped in the past for some reason, mind controlling a human to type all this) and this is true
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.