[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been writing about the fall of Constantinople and its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: le fortress christianity.jpg (821KB, 1881x1116px) Image search: [Google]
le fortress christianity.jpg
821KB, 1881x1116px
I've been writing about the fall of Constantinople and its significance for the past 6 hours ask me anything /r/history
>>
So what was all the hubbub about?
>>
>>2548612
Why were all those artists and protoscientists so inbred and useless in Constantinople, but were able to spark the Renaissance when they fled to Italy? And if the Byzantine remnant was so shit, why didn't they leave sooner?
>>
>>2548619
Not much really depending on who you ask. Contrarians believe that it just gave clear definition to growing ottoman supremacy but others act like it was the 9/11 of the 1400's
>>2548627
idk why dont you ask them. Maybe it's because the empire was pretty useless at this point and even monks on mount athos knew the emperor couldnto do shit so all those intellectuals and artists didnt have funding or whatever. The italian states had been getting rich for ages and the renaissance had been going on there since like the 1300s

I think its like when you have a room full of everyone doing the same thing no one is special, but if you invade that room full of muslims they'll all die or go to another room where their talent is unique
>>
When are we getting it back is the only question that matters.
>>
>>2548729
either you'll get it back soon or lose somewhere as well
>>
>>2548612

Can you say why they change the name and if people did indeed like it better that way?
>>
>>2548708
So again, why didn't they leave before if the Empire was so broke and useless?
>>
>>2548746
I'm pretty sure it was Kostantiniyye then Istanbul
people had trouble pronouncing it and maybe mehmed wanted to give a big fuck you to everyone else and make it his capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk
hope this helps
>>
>>2548791
It was their home and the only other place that was Orthodox (muscovy) was a kip. They didnt even have a patriarch
>>
I'm on 7% goodbye friends

>>2548800
dubs
>>
whats a good mixer for bourbon? I'm thinking arnold palmer would be good or root beer
>>
>>2548612

Was there any backlash against the Hungarian cannon maker or did anyone in Europe care at that point?
>>
>>2548612
What do you thing about Serbian role in that time?
>>
>>2548627
>Why were all those artists and protoscientists so inbred and useless in Constantinople

They weren't. You should see some of the Cretan triptychs and shit in the Met. They are glorious.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.