[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"if I were French, I would have struck, and not allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1440728952204.jpg (82KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1440728952204.jpg
82KB, 1000x1000px
>"if I were French, I would have struck, and not allowed a single German soldier to cross into the Rhineland"
T. Adolf Hitler on remilitarization of the Rhineland

How did Lebrun/Deladier/Blum fuck up this bad? Literally the whole point of the demilitarized Rhineland was to keep the German army small and to give France a free pass into Germany's industrial heart should there be another war. Clemenceau fought hard to get this put in to the treaty.

Daladier just shrugged it off like every other measure Clemenceau had put into Versailles to keep Germany under control.

DESU French 3rd Republic was shit. Does anyone have any actual records of their thought process during this?
>>
>the british cabinet waited 3 days to talk about it because it was the weekend.

LOL, jesus christ.
>>
>>2547331
A lot of reasons
1) The French greatly over-estimated how many troops the Germans had and how effective these troops would be, they took all of the paramilitaries in the region, over-estimated those numbers, and counted them as regular soldiers. They decided with that that they would have to fully mobilize to invade.
2) Fully mobilizing costs a lot of money, and France was nearly broke in 1936.
3) Maybe they could send in a smaller force, but the problem with the French military was that any forces sent would mean 3 divisions that couldn't be raised, as every active division would convert into 4 divisions in war-time.
4) The French strategy was a defensive one, and they didn't plan to be launching offensives instantly at the start of the war, as they considered their 1 year conscripts unsuitable for such operations. Hence, the Germans remilitarizing it was not that important to the French strategy.
5) The French air force was already starting to lag behind the German one.
6) France could gain diplomatic advantage from this and tie Britain closer to her, meaning that a future war would have the British on their side.
7) Not many people wanted to go to war again.
>>
File: 1939_maginot_line.jpg (265KB, 750x933px) Image search: [Google]
1939_maginot_line.jpg
265KB, 750x933px
>>
If I were German, I would not declare war on the US when I'm already unable to defeat the UK and USSR
>>
>>2547792
>Collins
eternal Gael strikes again
>>
>>2547814
This.
The USA would have totally focused on beating the shit out of the fucking Nips and left England to sink and drown to the Nazis. But NOoooo! Adolf fux up the entire plan of getting rid of bot Nips & Brits. Now we're still stuck with all of them.
>>
>>2547553
>6) France could gain diplomatic advantage from this and tie Britain closer to her, meaning that a future war would have the British on their side.
bit of a reach there
>>
>>2547993
Yeah, the French were idiots for trusting the Eternal Anglo to help them out, but that's what they thought at the time, that the Anglo would be useful.

>>2547814
The US would have ended up in a war with the Germans eventually anyway, or would have supported the UK to an extent that that wouldn't have mattered (after all, the UK would be a co-belligerant so the US could just give lots of """""aid to fight the Japanese""""" to the British that then gets used against the Germans.
>>
File: 6u6oHoQ.png (511KB, 611x457px) Image search: [Google]
6u6oHoQ.png
511KB, 611x457px
>>2547939
>tfw when knowledge of the greenpill spreads
>>
>>2547814
>Germany declaring war on US
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.