[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I think ancient history I think war, but I'm sure there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Glacial_Valley_MtHoodWilderness.jpg (393KB, 1382x1509px) Image search: [Google]
Glacial_Valley_MtHoodWilderness.jpg
393KB, 1382x1509px
When I think ancient history I think war, but I'm sure there had to be some allies back then. What were the earliest allied civilizations/societies that we know of?
>>
>>2544824
loads of greek stuff, for sure.

Let us be honest as well, outside of greek culture you were either an empire or barbarian tribe, which can be measured by centralization.

Only in the Greeks did we see the relatively modern concepts of compromise, leagues, rules of engagement, etc.
>>
>>2544832
The egyptians sometimes teamed up with the hittes and babylonians to fight the assyrians.
>>
>>2544832
Gauls dude, and Germani, they had rules of engagement, demands of honor. The Gauls were particularly less underhanded than the eternal Kraut.
Favoring individual combat over all else. They were also the only people to engage in contractual agreements on the basis of honor alone.
>>
>>2544832
Ignore this retard.

>>2544824
The Hittites and Egypt became allies shortly after signing a treaty c. 1250 BC.
>>
>>2544841
>hittes and babylonians to fight the assyrians.

>hit

>the

>baby

>ass
>>
>>2544852
Urnfield Gauls have you beat by 50 years.
>>
>>2544846
iirc honor contracts were from salic law, not the gauls.
>>
>>2544824
Have you heard of the battle at Tollense River? It was a bronze age battle in northern germany with around 4000 warriors. You can't have that large of a battle without alliances.
>>
The oldest recorded allies were a confederacy of cities that fought against Nimrod and his cities.

It was 5 kings vs 5 kings or something.
It was fought on the plains of Shinar.

It's the same war where Abraham had to save Lot and his possessions.
>>
Israel and Ethiopia in the aold testament come to mind.
>>
romans and han china
>>
The Nubians and Hyksos allied to DP Egypt
>>
>>2544824
The Hitites and Egyptians became bros after Khadesh, but that's mainly because the Assyrians were chimping out on the border.
>>
>>2544824
Egypt and Mitanni. Mitanni wasn´t a vassal but a buffer state against Babylon and the hitites, but the egyptians made them feel good about it and let the pharaos marry mitanni princesses
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.