[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the murder of the Russian imperial family one of the saddest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 22

>>
>>2541296

No. Literally nobody cares. You have a small group of people who pretend to care, but they're mostly trying to rile up anti-communist sentiment. You could try an actual tragedy, OP.
>>
>>2541302
>t. commie
>>
Literally Jewish ritualistic murder.
>>
>>2541296
A lot less sad than the tens of millions who starved from Tsarist policies
>>
>>2541302
>No. Literally nobody cares.

I read some study from the 80s I think? They asked a bunch of centenarians, so people who've seen it all in the modern history of the world, what the saddest event they remember, and the most popular response was the assassination of the russian noble family.

Maybe western propaganda at the time really rubbed it in, to stall the revolution spread.
>>
>>2541338
What about the estimated 20 million who died as a result of the Soviet regime?
>>
>>2541338
>>2541350
ITT comparing numbers pulled right from the asses
>>
>>2541296
No. The Romanovs' circumstances make them somewhat sympathetic figures, but it's hard to muster up too much emotion on behalf of Nicholas - an obstinate, pathological liar who never should have been an autocrat, or Alexandra - a petty, arrogant martyr who should have hopped off Rasputin's dick and let the Tsar's ministers do their fucking jobs.

Alexei would have been dead within five years anyways. Shame about OTMA though, they're the only genuine tragedy.
>>
>>2541350

Also much sadder than a bunch of inbred aristocrats being put down like the vermin they were.
>>
>>2541302
>Literally nobody cares

I mean... that's blatantly untrue. There is a massive emotional following in Russia for the Romanov family.
>>
why do people care so much about ten people dying during a massive war?
>>
>>2541551
End of a 300 year old reign.

The Romanov family were a symbol of Russian history and their heritage but thanks to some maniacs they were all murdered.

The Revolution could still have happened without killing the Romanovs.

It would be similar to killing the entire British Royal family. It would be tragic.
>>
>>2541296
No, Tzar family got what they deserved.
>>
>>2541551
The brutal slaughter of an entire family, including blameless children and servants, isn't just "ten people dying during a massive war."
>>
>>2541296
No, but the murder of thousands of Communist families by the Empire of Russian is a contender.
>>
>>2541666
communists aren't people, Satan, you should know that
>>
Nicholas's stupidity killing thousands more is much sadder
>>
>>2541666
>Communist families
Wut?
>>
>>2541302
>nobody cares
It was so tragic that the royal family were canonized as passion bearers of the Orthodox Church in 2000.
>>
reminder that they were killed by a jew
>>
>>2541723
reminder that Nicholas II was such a blistering anti semite that even his contemporaries in the tsarist russian government were made uncomfortable by it
>>
>>2541738
And it the end his anti-semitic views got proven right.
>>
>>2541686
One of the senior officers in the Empire's secret police managed to escape to England at the fall of the Empire and wrote a book about the secret police ( I do not recall which one; the Empire had several). He described instances where he ordered the killing of every man, woman, and child in 'suspect' Communist villages, along with everyone who lived within three days' walking distance.
>>
>>2541302
This, it was a fucking non-event.

Don't know why it's posted about so often here, probably butthurt christfags.
>>
>>2541745
>implying anyone but Jews would care
>>
Friendly reminder that Tsar Nick good boi dindu nuffin used to murder thousands of his own population and had Jewish pogroms.

muh royal family good bois!!
>>
>>2541566
No, they had to die. Imperialists are very stubborn, probably a symptom of their mental illness. There are still Romanovs and other families that claim the Empire of Russia is theirs. They even manage to travel in the U.S.A. (which should know better) on Imperial Russian passports.
>>
>>2541738
so he was a visionary?
90% of the commie leaders were jews
his antisemitism was proven right and this is why we don't learn about it in shcools
>>
>>2541776
>90% of the commie leaders were jews

Citation needed.

And even if it was true, why is it bad that Jews would ask for equal rights and fight against the Tsar when he literally murdered thousands of them?

Are you braindead?
>>
Weren't they related to like, every other monarchy in europe? Why didnt the kind og england and queen of france come to their aid?
>>
>>2541782
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSAB5OPkwQ
>>
Reminder that Lenin was sent by the German Empire to disrupt Russia and take them out of the war.
The plan kind of backfired
>>
>>2541793
Not an argument.

>>2541786
George V was worried that the Commie mentality would spread to Britain and that he would be deposed so he let it happen.
>>
>>2541782
>why is it bad that Jews would ask for equal rights
the fuck are you even saying?
the jews fought to enslave a chrisitan nation and that's what the USSR was
Then Stalin kicked most of them out thankfully
>>
>>2541296
Russian here. No one really cares except for the orthodox church that canonized the imperial as saints
The average russian thinks of the monarchy as a thing of the past that has no place in modern Russia
>>2541545
No, there isn't
>>
>>2541786
The Kingdom of England accepted many of them. Very interesting story can be found about Nicholas' mother leaving Russia on a English cruiser with the permission of the Empire of Germany in 1917.

There was to Queen of France in 1917. there is, living in the U.S.A. today, who claims to be the Countess of Paris however. She is a member of the Republican Party oddly enough.
>>
>>2541811
*imperial family
>>
>>2541804
>Not an argument.
if you dispute the jewishness of the first russian commies you have no place in this board
>>
>>2541769
>There are still Romanovs and other families that claim the Empire of Russia is theirs.

Yea. From afar. While doing nothing.

The entire family (not just the tsar but the women, children and servants) had to die, to paraphrase Trotsky, in order to show the enemies and the Reds that there was "no going back." If they are willing to slaughter a teenage boy, several young women (Anastasia was the youngest daughter at 17), a wife, servants, as well as the tsar himself, then there is nothing they won't do to win.
>>
>>2541816
Not an argument.
>>
>>2541811
What about Prince Vladimir's funeral? I was there when he died in Florida.
>>
>>2541786
After the initial revolution, they were offering the Tsar and his family to England on a platter all but literally. After England kept hem-hawwing about it, they withdrew their offer and the power shifts after that made it impossible to even attempt a rescue. The Tsar was detested in England and George V was worried that harboring the family would result in his own people revolting against him.

>queen of france
>queen
>france

kek
>>
>>2541811
>no there isn't
>except for all the evidence that there is

Cute
>>
>>2541782
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhI8YPmTAw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGXJvcVwxKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViN7rzPuXq8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhI8YPmTAw8
>>
>>2541817
No, they are active in trying to gain political support from countries like the U.S. They lack a credible base of support in Russia.
>>
>>2541835
Upvote
>>
File: Grand_Duchess_Olga_Alexandrovna.jpg (4MB, 3448x5232px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Duchess_Olga_Alexandrovna.jpg
4MB, 3448x5232px
Having to move to dreadful Canada must have been much worse.
>>
>>2541831
Where is the evidence?
The average russian doesn't give a fuck about the tzars
>>
>>2541296
The murder of the ruling family upon regime change is the norm in human history, not something particularly exceptional.

It's also not even a dozen people dying, and they died a rather easy, quick death. The tsars themselves have executed, starved and sent to their death far more people in far more gruesome ways.
Every single famine and war is more tragical, considering that thousands to millions have to die malnurished, enslaved, drowned, raped, limbs or head chopped off, exploded or, like in their case, shot.
>>
>>2541302
This.

Idol/Celebrity worship are the worst kind. It devalues their humanity and props up an imaginary godlike status that tries to keep itself alive through erosion of rationality and history.
>>
File: 1489522848873.jpg (504KB, 1247x972px) Image search: [Google]
1489522848873.jpg
504KB, 1247x972px
Tbqh Nicky had it coming
>>
>>2541296
It's not any more sad than the countless other lives leninism and its children took.
>>
>>2541903
You're an idiot. It wasn't tragic because it was some blasphemous act against deified beings, it was tragic because they weren't even in power anymore yet the Bolsheviks were still cowardly enough to gun a family down like they were nothing but animals.

Commies are fucking scum and I hope every single one burns in hell.
>>
>>2541887
>The murder of the ruling family upon regime change is the norm in human history, not something particularly exceptional.

By that point in time, and in Western/Eastern European culture specifically, not really. It was exceptional to execute anyone but the head of a royal family, who was typically male. Outright executing the wife and children was considered barbaric, hence why they tried to keep it on the downlow and even pretended that they only executed the tsar for a time until the truth got out.

Typically, in the context of Western/Eastern Europe, the wife and children would be sent into exile or, in the case of male heirs, imprisoned and oh golly gee wouldn't ya know it, they mysteriously die in prison somehow.

Same goes with the initial French Revolution. The execution of Louis XVI was seen as horrifying but executing a king after a revolution had happened before. The execution of Marie Antoinette shocked Europe. The execution of the king's sister was seen as complete madness. In the rest of the multiple regime chances in France, no members of the leading families were formally executed. What executions did take place were typically in the military ranks.
>>
>>2541302
Do you know the meaning of the word "literally"?
>>
File: a bloop.jpg (1MB, 1076x1141px) Image search: [Google]
a bloop.jpg
1MB, 1076x1141px
>it's not tragic that 5 young people were brutally (and I mean brutally) murdered for nothing other than who their parents were
>it's not sad that 4 servants who did nothing but show loyalty to people who needed them in their darkest hours were brutally murdered
>>
>>2542085
If the Bolsheviks were smart, they would have said that the family committed suicide after Nicholas was executed and they didn't get asylum.

It's not that far off. Their husband/father died and their entire lifestyle collapsed. I wonder why the Bolsheviks didn't say it.
>>
>>2542085
>By that point in time,
Note the question OP posed: "Is [...this...] one of the saddest historical events _ever_?"

He doesn't delimit the range of events. You might as well take the most recent murder in the Kim Jong family and say that it doesn't at all fit today's idea of regime change, making it grossly disproportionate and thereby the "saddest event ever".

No, you have to look at the totality of human history to decide such a question, and the totality shows a much different picture even from the barebones rules of conduct in this context from the middle ages and modern times.
>>
>>2542089

Yes, I do. Literally nobody cares about the deaths of the Romanovs. If they do care about the event, it's insofar as how they hate communists and want to demonize them.
>>
>>2542122
>Literally nobody cares about the deaths of the Romanovs.
I do. And it's more for the unjust end of Monarchist Russia than any hate for commies.
>>
>>2542104
It's sad, okay, but is it one of or THE saddest thing to have ever happened in human history, as OP says?
>>
>>2542127
Bullshit. And what exactly is "unjust" about the ending of an autocratic backwards regime of absolute monarchy, which had been driving the country into the ground for decades if not centuries.
>>
>>2541817
The Tsar ordered the massacre of thousands of families. Eye for an eye.
>>
>>2542122
>Literally nobody cares about the deaths of the Romanovs.

So every historian, person interested in history, or person who just reads about it, to say nothing of people who knew them or who were related to them, and feels sympathy for them or cares about their deaths in any way is only doing so because they hate communists?

Okay, honey. If you want to believe that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>2542137
>an autocratic backwards regime of absolute monarchy,
Your ideological bias is showing. Monarchist Russia was based and greater than what came after.
>>
File: lena massacre.jpg (37KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
lena massacre.jpg
37KB, 500x357px
>>2542127
The Russian Empire was shit and the Bolsheviks were shit.

The best thing that might be said for the Empire that under some of the more competent men like Witte it was going in the direction of more sustainable and interconnected (with the west) development, but it was still a backwards asshole of Europe.
>>
>>2542120
Mmkay, but I wasn't responding to OP, so your entire comment is a bunch of random rambling. I was responding to this specific quote

>The murder of the ruling family upon regime change is the norm in human history, not something particularly exceptional.
>>
>>2542137
And replaced them with a regime that was even worse.
>>
>>2542145
Then if the Romanovs had retaken Russia, it would be justified for them to brutally slaughter the children of communists? Interesting!
>>
>>2542153

> Monarchist Russia was based

An absolutely meaningless term.

> and greater than what came after.

Debatable. The U.S.S.R. actually managed to channel the wealth and population of Russia into that power that could outweigh all of Europe that people had been forecasting since Napoleon's downfall but could never quite get there. Sure, they were brutal and repressive, but let's not pretend the Czar wasn't either, and to the extent they were a nastier police state was that they were efficient about their tyranny instead of incompetent about it.

>>2542156
See above.
>>
>>2542137
yeah communism REALLY brought Russia into a new golden age

millions of people totally didn't starve to death
millions of people weren't unjustly imprisoned or stripped of their homes, family, and livelihoods
there totally wasn't an atmosphere of tension and fear where neighbors, friends and family turned on each other to avoid becoming victims of the new regime
>>
>>2542155
>Mmkay, but I wasn't responding to OP, [...] was responding to this specific quote
So, you weren't responding to OP, you were just responding to me, who responded to OP with that post, and somehow you think you can just pull a part of my post out of context to the chain of the discussion?

I think it's you who does the random rambling then.
>>
>>2542167
He already did it. They butchered SUSPECTED communist families. They didnt deserve even a single ounce of mercy.
>>
>>2542171
>Implying you didn't have mass famine, constant surveillance, brutal repression, and terrible administration under the monarchy.

I should point out, that I'm including people who think of the Romanov era in extremely whitewashed, mythologized and sanitized versions as not really caring either. They care about the edifice they created, the image of the Russian monarchy, not the reality of it.
>>
>>2541590
And the deaths of millions in the war is just brushed aside?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>2542175
I'm still curious about a source for this. All that was shown earlier was basically "some dude wrote a book" with no names.

t. not even empire defence force
>>
>>2542025
>commies should burn in hell

And this mindset my friend is the reason why the tsar family was butchered. This insane hatred which resulted in the death of thousands of people who didnt even have anything to do with communism
>>
>>2542175
Source? Back it up, or shut up.

>They didnt deserve even a single ounce of mercy.

The daughters didn't do anything.
>>
>>2541296
No. It's merely painted by such by romanticizing Christians.

Nicholas II brought untold misery to Russia for much of his reign. His incompetence caught up with him and his family.
>>
>>2542172
>somehow you think you can just pull a part of my post out of context to the chain of the discussion?

Yeah, the audacity of me responding to something you said and being weirded out when you reply with something that has nothing to do with my comment. The audacity, I say!
>>
>>2542195
Oh shit! I forgot you're only allowed to care about ONE group of deaths in any sort of world event. Fuck, silly me.
>>
>>2542205
>thousands of people who didn't have anything to do with communism
>thousands
lmfao
how about the tens of millions killed by communism you dolt
>>
>be an oppressive fuckwit that keeps losing wars
>make sure that the situation of russian commoners does not improve during your reign
>act surprised when the masses are more than willing depose you and execute you, your whorish wife and all the bastard kids she had with rasputin
>>
>>2542217
Oh, shut the fuck up.

Except for a few Russian Orthodox Christians, people aren't weeping bitter tears for Nicholas II. But as the guy who posted RIGHT BEFORE YOU NOTED, his children were innocent and were still straight-up murdered.

They didn't ask to be born royal.
>>
>>2542227
People die unjustly every day. Lamenting this minor event seems so silly
>>
>>2542250
Millions of Russians didn't ask for famine and war.
>>
>>2542255
Well, they got that under the Soviets anyway.
>>
>>2542025
>it was tragic because they weren't even in power anymore
Claimants to the throne are as long a threat to a regime as long as they exist and can get allies.

It is already sufficient for them to be able to create damage, not just them being able to topple the regime, to consider them to be a threat.
>>
>>2542250
Killing the kids was a necessary and justifiable action needed to ensue that the counter-revolutionary forces couldn't use them.
>>
>>2542268
>it's ok when Tsarists do it but not Commies because muh tragedy
>>
>>2542104
>a few people dying is one of the saddest historical events ever
>>
>>2542221
>of me responding to something you said
You aren't really responding to me when you take what I said out of context. What someone says is defined by it's context.
>>
>>2542282
When you topple a Regime because it's doing awful shit you don't immediately go and do awful shit, unless of course your just power hungry jews.
>>
>>2542175
Evidence/Source?
>>
>>2542274
>Killing the kids was a necessary and justifiable action needed to ensue that the counter-revolutionary forces couldn't use them.
>justifiable

Yikes, the edge.
>>
>>2542255
>Millions of Russians didn't ask for famine and war.
You're seriously using that as a justification for shooting innocent children? lmao, you fucking clown.
>>
>>2542287
>A single death is a tragedy but a million is a statistic

Considering the emotions in this thread that quote comes from an ironic source.
>>
>>2542314
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a million tragedies untold.
>>
>>2542255
Literally a non sequitur. That has nothing to do with what I just wrote.

>>2542274
I don't agree -- both because in this case I don't believe the ends justified the means, and also because ultimately the country's government was decided by the war and there's not much even a legitimate claimant to the throne could have done to reclaim it after that -- but that's not really relevant either. The question wasn't "were their deaths strategically necessary," was it now?

If it was necessary, then it was a tragedy. If not, then an atrocity. Either way, it was deeply regrettable, and yeah, really fucking sad.
>>
>>2542314
That quote did not actually originate from Stalin.
>>
>>2542295
Okay, but your sentences have meaning. The rest of your comment doesn't change the meaning of your first sentence. So when you say it wasn't exceptional and it was, and I point that out, responding with so meting that doesn't address your factually incorrect assertion is bizarre to say the least.

It was not the norm in that part of the world and it hadn't been for over a thousand years. Murdering the family, outside of the actual ruler, was considered unusual and barbaric. It was exceptional.

>It's also not even a dozen people dying, and they died a rather easy, quick death. The tsars themselves have executed, starved and sent to their death far more people in far more gruesome ways.

Except for--perhaps ironically--the tsar, their deaths were not quick or easy. It took about 20 minutes to execute them, and only the tsar died an 'easy' death in that he was shot and killed immediately. The tsarina died during the next volley, as did 2 of the servants. The female servant had to be stabbed to death. All of the children lived long enough to beg for their lives, screaming and crying, trying to get out of the room, trying to get to one another, being repeatedly shot and stabbed (in one case, the brain matter and blood of one daughter was noted by one of the executioners to splatter all over the face of her horrified sister) and in the case of Anastasia and Maria, they survived even after that and regained consciousness while they were being carried to the trucks, screaming until their faces were bashed in with rifle butts and they died choking on their own blood, teeth, and splintered jaw bones.
>>
>>2541296

They were murdered by Jews. Bolshevik jews were so evil that they didn't even let the Romanov children live.
>>
>>2542272
What, pray tell, could the kids have done? The Romanovs were completely deposed from power. They could have easily been exiled or deported
>>
>>2542338
Should've brought a guillotine, to be tbqhds honest desu senpai.
>>
>>2542330
A quote doesn't need to be original.

Its a Stalin quote because it's content is what we associate with Stalin and his methodology.
>>
>>2542272
>Claimants to the throne are as long a threat to a regime as long as they exist and can get allies.

None of the daughters were actual claimants to the throne. In order for the daughter of a tsar to have a claim to the throne, every one of the male claimants has to be dead first. There were plenty of safe, living, healthy male Romanovs and their descendants who took precedence over the daughters alive. Russians did not want women on the throne, which is one of the reasons why Alexandra was so hated after her brief period of power when Nicholas II was at war. So in order to proclaim any of the daughters as a claimant to the throne, you would be taking a massive risk in not winning over the Russian public because of such an unorthodox and scandalous concept--and that's assuming that your allies are Russian themselves! Imagine a foreign power trying to put one of the former tsar's daughters on the throne as the Empress of Russia... it would tanked immediately. Any attempt to raise armies using a daughter as a figurehead would have been weak, at best.

But let's say they chose to use Alexei rather than the daughters. Even Alexei, the actual heir to the throne, would have been a weak choice. His young age and poor health would have made him a very poor figurehead for any type of take-back-this-massive-country counter-revolution. When you're trying to rally the people to your side for counter-revolution, especially in the context of this scenario where the "enemy" is absolutely brutal and merciless in stamping out anyone who tries to behave retroactively, you need a rallying point that can inspire strength and courage and the promise of a better Russia if he seizes back control. Weak, fragile Alexei? Not so much. There were stronger, living, adult male Romanovs who had legitimate claims to the imperial title who could have attempted to gain allies and take back the country, and they didn't. Why? Because it was a lost cause.
>>
>>2542342
>What, pray tell, could the kids have done?
Be used by a foreign power to install a puppet government years down the road. Exile still poses a danger.

See: Tarquinius Superbus and Hippias.

Or just march in with an army later on, like Kleisthenes (who did that thrice, funnily enough) or Napoleon.

(They all weren't kids by the time of their exillation, but that's not even a problem, if you have sponsors such as allied powers or older family members, or simply loyal servants.)
>>
>>2542384
If anyone had realistically been in a position to march in with an army later on and install a government more favorable to them, they'd have done so, kids or no kids. There's a reason nobody did, and it's not "there were no heirs left."
>>
>>2541296
No. Read more history.
>>
File: 1479579003155.jpg (110KB, 620x992px) Image search: [Google]
1479579003155.jpg
110KB, 620x992px
>>2542569
Tsar had it coming, but murdering of his family was totally not. But hey, what's a life of few innocent children when you are building socialist paradise
>>
Saddest execution of a family has got to be the Justinian Dynasty.

>Flavius Mauricius Tiberius Augustus
>Eastern Roman Emperor from 582 to 602.
>Beat the Persians for tve first time in centuries
>Massive eastern gains and peace without tribute from Persia
>Pushed the invaders back across the danube
>First Emperor in centuries to even cross the danube
> In 602, a dissatisfied general named Phocas usurped the throne, having Maurice, his brother and his six sons executed.
>Story goes he had to watch his sons die before himself
>Wife and 3 daughters were sent to live in a monastery before all dying a few years later
>This triggered a war between the Pesian King and the Romans that lasted deades and weakened both empires just before the Arab conquests

Why did the army rebel?

Because they were told to winter across the danube.
>>
>>2541313
underrated
>>
>>2541296
It gets worse when you hear that Alexei was the last to die
Fucking pinkos didnt even give them a proper burial
>>
>>2541296
I am Russian but I don't really give a fuck. I'm not a commie but honestly, who cares? Monarchism is retarded. I can't believe that British people are retarded enough to give the Queen a bunch of money and property for doing absolutely nothing. It's insanity. African niggers who worship volleyballs are more rational than this.
>>
>>2541296
No. Nicholas was pathetic, and a petty leader, his family and children makes it sad; however, people are upset that their murder allowed the soviets to grow.
>>
>>2541296
constitutional monarchy might have saved his family
>>
>>2544621
3/10
try again
>>
>>2544636
I am absolutely serious. What benefit comes from the royal family? They are just a huge money sink. Probably every English person can get a free house if you take away their money.
>>
File: 1489524716320.jpg (108KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489524716320.jpg
108KB, 720x720px
>>2544621
THIS
H
I
S

Muh Monarchism
>no succession war
kek
>>
The breaking of the treaty of Waitangi is by far the most scandalous action a state has ever carried out. As far as individual acts, Emperor Constantine making Christianity the official religion of Rome is the greatest tragedy.
>>
File: Belgrade.png (284KB, 933x1967px) Image search: [Google]
Belgrade.png
284KB, 933x1967px
>>2541296
worse day in a serbs life.
>>
>>2544644
Its culturally "traditional" and rakes in lots of tourism dollars. They aren't even that rich other then the property they own.
>>
>>2544621

>retarded enough to give the Queen a bunch of money and property for doing absolutely nothing.

>absolutely nothing

I don't think you understand how Monarchism works.
>>
>>2543231
Those children are potential heirs and rallying points. It's not pretty, but civil war isn't period.
>>
>>2542436
the point is to head off the possibility of someone being in such a position. Fragmenting a dynasty or offing particular lines makes it difficult to argue legitimacy for particular claimants, which means one fights a less unified enemy.
>>
>>2541296
Honestly its only sad to me because it was so unnecessary
Nicholas was so despised that even anti commies and pro provisional gov fags wouldn't seriously consider reinstating him.
>>
Why would King George not take them in. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>2544682
What can a monarchy do that a democratic representative can't?
>>
File: 461.png (290KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
461.png
290KB, 680x680px
>That Downton Abbey episode where that Irish fuck figured the Communists in Russia were peaceful dindu who would never harm the Royals, then justified it when it happened.
>>
File: 1489309489051.jpg (66KB, 526x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489309489051.jpg
66KB, 526x400px
Not even a communist but there is nothing wrong with killing women and children. During times of war you must be tough. Like Krupp steel. Prove me wrong protip you literally can't.
>>
File: Wilhelm.jpg (114KB, 370x580px) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm.jpg
114KB, 370x580px
>"One down, one more to go!"
>>
>>2544710

isn't that to be expected?

the Irish have always politically held contrarian views
>>
>>2541532
pretty much this tbqh

the tsar and tsarina were both genuinely awful people who inflicted a lot of suffering on a lot of people as a result of their personal flaws and notions of self-superiority. I'm not sure they deserved to be butchered along with their children, but it's difficult to imagine people more in control of their situation bungling it more completely and disastrously. They sowed the wind.

And this doesn't even touch the fact that the royal family's survival would have extended the civil war and resulted in countless more deaths.

Their children are innocent, being children after all. You can't really justify killing kids in the name of political stability, although it is worth noting that the tsarevich was terminally ill anyways.
>>
>>2544740

I know... it just hurt more then I thought it would. Irish fuckers.
>>
>>2544705

What can a democratic representative do that a monarch can't? What makes someone who is elected any better?

Look at Donald Trump in the United States for instance.. The majority of Americans voted against him and yet he still won.

If the majority of Americans are being ruled by someone they didn't vote for and the president will consistently push policies against what the opposing party which constitutes the majority, what makes that system any better than being ruled over by a monarch that must make both sides happy or get overthrown if he fails to do so like the Romanovs?

As our economy becomes globalized, democratically elected officials see their office as something to exploit for personal gain. A king sees his kingdom as an inheritance for his heirs and will fight tooth and nail to make sure that his people are happy and productive so they can continue to support the reign of his dynasty.

It's a shame that Monarchism is practically dead in the Western world. With our technological advances the issues that monarchs used to face such as famine and disease would be practically non-existent.
>>
>>2544755
>Look at Donald Trump in the United States for instance.. The majority of Americans voted against him and yet he still won.
So the solution is more democracy
>>
>>2544684
>Those children are potential heirs and rallying points.

Only Alexei.

If Europe didn't rally around the adult male Romonov heir to the throne, they certainly wouldn't rally around a sickly 13 year old or daughters with no claim to the throne as long as the males in the Romanov dynasty were alive.
>>
>>2544770
At the time of the execution, europe itself was a non-issue. The fear was existing monarchists within the former russian empire, who would have been much more difficult to deal with if they could have ever presented a unified resistance to the red army.
Alexei and his siblings were in russia, more well known, and thus a more natural rallying point for the disparate monarchist whites. Putting up a literally who from some county is difficult unless all other counter-forces have been removed, as was the case for the bourbon restoration in France. And that was pretty tenuous, folks ended up recognizing the legitimacy of a bonaparte claim to the throne a few decades latter, and that was probably not what folks who were part of the coalitions wanted when they tried to retrench monarchism in France.
>>
>>2541296
Children and teenagers are killed all around the world, in every moment.
In fact, many young people were killed in history.

All of these deaths are sad and tragic.
>>
>>2544755
Like all those happy happy people in Middle Eastern monarchies that are ruled by their benevolent autocrats
>>
>>2544713
you're a dumb frogposter. there, i proved you wrong.
>>
File: minds.jpg (7KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
minds.jpg
7KB, 272x185px
>>2541302
Tsar sends millions of Russian men to their deaths in an army where 2/3rds doesn't even have guns, and nobody bats an eye.

Tsar's rich and beautiful family gets murdered and everyone loses their minds.

A million truly is a statistic.
>>
How is it sad? The USSr was superior to the empire in the every. The Tsar was responsible for millions of dead people and the bolsheviks simply did what they had to do.
>>
This thread is really good at separating the plebs from the patricians.

You guys sperging about muh gorillion are literally retarded apes. You don't even understand OP's question.
>>
File: monarchism.jpg (301KB, 713x750px) Image search: [Google]
monarchism.jpg
301KB, 713x750px
>>2544755
>Monarchism
>good
>>
Reminder that it wasn't the Bolsheviks that shot the family, but Mensheviks, which were more soc-dem than commie.
>>
a single death is a tradegy, a million a statistic - Ghandi
>>
File: 4534.jpg (49KB, 421x513px) Image search: [Google]
4534.jpg
49KB, 421x513px
Lenin specifically gave the order NOT to kill the Romanovs. He just wanted them exiled.
>>
>>2545295
>central planning
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>2545277
Edgy but basically what I was going to say.
>>
>>2541536
>t. communist
>>
File: Stalin.png (439KB, 589x584px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin.png
439KB, 589x584px
>Feudalism

Kept Russia a backwater shithole full of illiterate serfs.

>Communism

Took Russia to space.

Hmmm...
>>
>>2545522
>Took Russia to space.
While Russian citizens were getting starved.

Hmmmm...
>>
>>2541817
>commie defending killing children

This is to be expected of subhumans.

>>2542145
Communists aren't people, so killing them isn't a crime.
>>
>>2545522
>"Half of the population is starving to death but we'll be remembered as great because we shot a guy really high into the sky on a rocket."
>>
>>2545522
This is just asking for that memeball
>>
>>2545525
>>2545531
A good tradeoff.
>>
>>2545525
No, they weren't.
>>
All death is sad and to be resisted. DEATH TO THE REAPER. Oh nevermind, that would be sad too. LIFE FOR ALL

Except parasites that refuse to give symbiotic benefits to their host. And cancerous growths etc
>>
>>2545544
>>2545541
>commies

It's like I don't even have to tell people you aren't humans. You demonstrate it for me.
>>
File: romanov.png (74KB, 175x278px) Image search: [Google]
romanov.png
74KB, 175x278px
Post rare Romanovs
>>
>>2541302
this
>>
I can never get how can proles defend the aristorcracy. Like really niggers? These people were living in luxury while the peasantry was working their asses. Fuck them with three bullets in the head. Deserved everything they got.
>>
I think it so sad because there are so many photos of them. We can't rely fell for previous monarcs, because we only see them on one or two paintings, but we can see the Romanovs and they almoast look like a normal famiy.
>>
>>2546243
You butthurt fucks get all mad about Monarchs inheriting their place in the world but don't bat an eye at billionaires inheriting their parent's business's and money.
>But the dumb ones would lose their money and business's
Just like bad Monarchs.
>>
friendly reminder that the whites would have been able to save the royal family if the czech legion hadn't been a bunch of faithless, self-serving cowards.

>>2545277
>an army where 2/3rds doesn't even have guns
I agree with your overall sentiment but this meme needs to die. the inadequacies of the individual russian soldier in WWI are massively overstated. they suffered from a shell shortage early in the war but their primary deficiencies were an incompetent office corps and outdated communication methods.
>>
I want to meet the people that give this much of a shit about a foreign royal family.

The only people who should care about the death of the Romanovs should be 80 year old Russian Orthodox women named Babushka. If you do not fall into this demographic, you are an autist.
>>
>>2546267
I want to gas them all actually. Divide it all nice and equal. Why should anyone have more than anyone else, even if you are skilled? So what? Just because someone is stupider and less capable, he should live in poverty? Why? That's BS.
>>
>>2546373
So your just insane, ok.
>>
>>2546390
>you're insane, ok
wew lad, that's a great argument you've got there
>>
>>2543231
I stress again: Read more history.
>>
>>2541302

Fuck off pinko
>>
>>2541738

There is nothing wrong with being anti-Semitic though
>>
>>2542137

Communists aren't human and you should be shot like the rat you are
>>
>>2544755

Good thing America is a constitutional republic and not a democracy then.
>>
>>2546398

No arguements should be wasted on communists, only bullets
>>
>>2546420
Get out /pol/ack faggot. REEEEEE
>>
>>2546446
>People aren't people because they have political beliefs I disagree with, so it's okay to do violence unto them.

Stop anon.
>>
>>2546472

Oh you are a Jew then? No wonder you defend communism so much. You know threads like this only make me realize more and more that Hitler had the right idea
>>
>>2546485

They violate the NAP, and that makes them no different than Animals
>>
>>2546493
Oh ok, it's bait. God I hope.
>>
>>2546489
>tfw I'm a white man of german descent

Guess I'm just cucked by the Jewish menace anon.
>>
>>2546373
>What is the natural order of life
>>
File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 168x168px
>>2546493

>nap
>>
>>2546540
>What is civilization?
You do realize we are not animals anymore, right?
>>
>>2546420
If you think ordering pogroms in response to blood libel is acceptable behavior for a head of state in the 20th century then your opinions are of zero consequence to the discussion, troll or not.
>>
File: spookbuster.jpg (46KB, 542x535px) Image search: [Google]
spookbuster.jpg
46KB, 542x535px
>>2546540
>Natural order of life
Spooky
>>
>>2541536
Exactly how were the Romanovs inbred?
>>
Why do you retards involve yourselves in these threads?

If you're stormfag, you're wasting time. If you're communist, you're wasting time. You're just flinging shit at each other, making the rest of us browse the thread and laugh... well done? Either way you aren't furthering a damn sight of any of your goals regardless of what they are.
>>
>>2546608
The only thing the tsar did wrong was not going full holocaust in 1905 and eradicating this cancer in its roots.
>>
>>2546688
At that point a lot of the great houses of Europe had been marrying each other for centuries and aqcuired various genetic diseases, which is why Alexei had hemophilia.
>>
File: Nicholas.jpg (521KB, 1018x1386px) Image search: [Google]
Nicholas.jpg
521KB, 1018x1386px
>>2546710
>he thinks this is inbreeding in any way or form
>>
>>2546710
Victoria ended up spreading the disease all over the place by having children that married monarchs around Europe, but the disease itself has nothing to do with inbreeding as far as I can tell. Except if the mutation in Victoria was made more likely to have come about because she was inbred, but you'd have to present evidence for that as well as Victoria being inbred.
>>
>>2541338
>the lives of peasants vs. the lives of the saintly angelic young women shot and bludgeoned to death by retarded commies
>>
>>2542190
this. there is literally nothing else to say.
>>
>>2547016
The communists didn't even kill them. Look it up
>>
>>2542025
Not every communist is a bad person, anon.

Stop thinking in such black and white terms.
>>
>>2542352
>Its a Stalin quote
No, it isn't.

Why are /pol/tards

A. So motherfucking obvious

and

B. So motherfucking stupid?
>>
>>2547680
>/pol/tard
???
>>
>>2541545
>that's blatantly untrue.
>proceeds to post a blatant untruth
>>
>>2547675
then how did every communist nation end up killing millions?
>>
>>2547701
Yes.

Pretend otherwise, but everyone will see through it anyway.
>>
>>2547717
Every great nation 'kills millions' you fucking dolt.

Read a book.
>>
>>2547720
I'm not even him.
>>
>>2547680
>everyone that isn't a commie is a /pol/tard
hello, /leftypol/
>>
>>2542238
>Russian commoners

nice try, kike
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.