[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Napoleon doing in Egypt? Was it really that important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

What was Napoleon doing in Egypt? Was it really that important or was there something else he had in mind? Can we discuss his Egyptian campaign? I am more interested in the Egyptian army, if one can call it that, any reading on it? I am completely at a loss when it comes to the Ottoman/Egyptian armies facing Napoleon.
>>
>>2540822

It was a way of undermining British control in India, before the canal was built Suez was still used as an overland transport and trade route.
>>
>>2540822
It was primarily a way of the Directory of getting him far away from them so he wouldn't pull a Caesar like he eventually did.
>>
He was trying to connect the French to their allies in India, the Mysore.
>>
>>2540822
I don't know but he should have kept his faggot ass out of there. He had no business being there desu, and the damage he caused to the monuments there is unforgivable.
>>
>>2540822
defining the boundaries of his empire, a rome from the seat of gaul
>>
File: ospreyottoman.jpg (17KB, 255x300px) Image search: [Google]
ospreyottoman.jpg
17KB, 255x300px
Find this book
>>
File: ottoman17751820.jpg (60KB, 283x386px) Image search: [Google]
ottoman17751820.jpg
60KB, 283x386px
>>2540930
>>
File: mendelsohn_2-081414.jpg (862KB, 940x1401px) Image search: [Google]
mendelsohn_2-081414.jpg
862KB, 940x1401px
He really thought he was the reincarnation of Augustus or some shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.