[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Stalin actually a decent person, despite genociding millions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Stalin.gif (635KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin.gif
635KB, 194x200px
Was Stalin actually a decent person, despite genociding millions of his own people?
>>
He apparently had a great (and sometimes very dark) sense of humour and was even kinda playful and jokey. I think it was FDR or De Gaulle who called him Uncle Joe.
>>
>>2539698
>food shortages
>drought

I blame God.
>>
>>2539698
>genociding
>millions
>of his own
>>
>>2539698
>Was Stalin actually a decent person
Come on nigger
>>
>>2539698
Not really.

When his own son wanted to shoot himself and missed Stalin just laughed and said: He can't even shoot straight.

That son later died in German captivity and Stalin didn't save him.

This shows you how much of a decent person he was.

Also his wive committed suicide.
>>
His wife died and he went full darkness mode.
>>
>>2539704
it was Churchill and Roosevelt that called Uncle Joe, and he didnĀ“t liked it a bit when he found out
>>
>>2539698
Its lonely at the top but eh; a guyz gotta do what a guyz gotta do.
>>
>>2539698
Climbing to the top of the pile in 1920s Communist Russia, you can bet that Stalin was a smart man, given the nest of vipers that Russian politics was then.

He probably had charm, and commanded respect, but I seriously doubt he was a decent or reasonable man. Those qualities don't exactly lead to success in vicious political power struggles.
>>
>>2542883
I've heard that his success is partly because many people underestimated him and didn't really think he was that smart, so they had nothing to fear from him. His tactic was to be friends with everyone but always pretend that he is just a stupid nobody while in reality he had the best connections.

He seemed like a guy you can control, until he eventually controlled the controllers.
>>
No. He was paranoid, sociopathic, and had no qualms 'liquidating' masses of innocents or his former friends/allies.
>>
>>2542937
This is not unlike Hitler of whom also many thought he was just a ridiculous clown and that he can be controlled.

Everyone thought his antisemitism was just a stupid joke. Even the Jews themselves. Antisemitism was ridiculously old-fashioned even back then. Their raction was like: "Oh blaming the Jews, how original! Like nobody did that in the last 2000 years!"" Until it became fucking serious.
>>
>Decent Person
>Marxist

Pick one and only one, friend.
>>
>>2542951
Right, but other than that, did he do anything to really earn the outlandishly evil reputation that he has?
>>
>>2542984
The fucker robbed banks and was active in the Russian civil war.

While we can say that Hitler probably never killed anyone personally, I think it is safe to say that Stalin almost certainly killed several people directly with his own hands, probably 20-30.

The fucker also was imprisoned several times in Siberia and simply escaped. So yeah, Stalin is a gangster right from the streets, while Hitler is more aristocratic.
>>
>>2542993
>Hitler
>aristocratic
He came from relatively modest stock.
>>
>>2543012
I meant psychologically, not literally. He surrounded himself with nobility a lot and had an admiration for the English nobility.

He wanted to become a damn artist.
>>
File: 11.jpg (136KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
136KB, 400x400px
>>2542937
>>2542974
Who does that remind me of :^)
>>
>>2542883
>given the nest of vipers that Russian politics was then.
>back then
As it was ever not like that
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.