[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen Roman empire been discussed a lot on /his/. But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: bn995r1.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bn995r1.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
I've seen Roman empire been discussed a lot on /his/. But what is so fascinating about this empire, compare to other empires in history?
>>
I guess part of the appeal is the sheer longevity of it. The Roman state lasted from the 8th century BC until the 15th century AD, that's over 2000 years, which is pretty much unparalleled.
>>
>>2538917
Because of its influence on European history, duh
>>
Romans are to Europe what Adam is to Christfags.
>>
>>2538917
it's the foundation upon which western civ is built.
if you are a serious student of history you will realize the depth and be forever grateful it existed and profoundly sad it ended.
we still exist in its echoes... the catholic church, latin's use in many elite professions, we still use right-of-ways and roads they blazed, concrete, professional armies, large-scale republican governance, division of powers, populism vs elitism, citizenship concepts, sport as entertainment, duty, honor, discipline, freedom vs slavery.
>>
File: 24725980314_a14522f5a3.jpg (47KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
24725980314_a14522f5a3.jpg
47KB, 500x333px
>>2538917

there has never been a more impactful, influential, ubiquitous and important civilization and culture as Rome.

Like the Capitoline Wolf was mother to Romulus and Remus, Rome was a Wolf Mother for the modern world, strong, nurturing and gifted, but also a cruel, hungry beast. Laws, republican government, military might, architectural magnificence, commercial cunning, superstition and spiritualism, art, countless virtues and vices, countless epics, tragedies, triumphs and horrors, all passed down from Rome to everyone, all chronicled and etched into the cultural fabric of peoples far and wide.
>>
>>2539443
This
>>
>>2538957
The egyptians and chinks lasted longer tbf, I feel it's more about romanity being the foundation for western civilization, which is the current domainant culture.
>>
>>2538917
Probably
WE WUZ ROMANS AN SHIT
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.