[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Australians were sheltered for so long from other civilizations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: aborígenes1.jpg (36KB, 382x453px) Image search: [Google]
aborígenes1.jpg
36KB, 382x453px
How come Australians were sheltered for so long from other civilizations even when polynesian people were a thing.

Every source I read says australian people only started connecting with other civilizations pos 1606.

Is it really possible for australia to have been perfectly isolated from other people for all this time?
>>
Yep. Too much ocean and Australia itself is a massive place which was sparsely populated
>>
I wonder if purebred Aborigines can even get colds from white people?
>>
>>2538543

http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21569688-genetic-evidence-suggests-four-millennia-ago-group-adventurous-indians
>>
High population density means development, development increases population density.
>>
>>2538688
Nice.

So did these indians actually manage to return to reveal their findings or is it implied that they stayed in australia?

Apparently, this was the earliest contact australians ever had with other cultures, but it is still pretty small. They still seem pretty sheltered to me.
>>
>>2538543
Keep in mind that abos aren't a nation. We just treat them like one for the sake of convenience. An abo from the west coast of Australia is only similar to one from Tasmania in that they're both dark and kill shit with sticks for a living. Abos had contact with other abo cultures so they were only sheltered from the point of view of a culture that was sailing across the entire world.
>>
>>2538543
They had contact with the muslim traders to the north, though.
>>
The Dingo only turned up in Australia in historical times and is closely related to wild dogs in SE Asia, so there must have been some contact.
>>
>>2539960
>>2539967
Please explain further.
I'm genuinely interested in that. At least, post some source I can read about.
>>
They weren't. There was extensive interaction and trade in northern australia and asian sailors for centuries.
>>
>>2539999
Got something to back that up? I know there was probably some trading as early as 1500 or 1600, but there's not much evidence about the rest.
>>
>>2540025

https://museumvictoria.com.au/discoverycentre/discovery-centre-news/2010-archive/aboriginal-trade/
>>
>>2538543
Is that the guy who coaches the Browns? Hugh Jackson or w/e
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.