[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any greater historical bullshit than the Germanic Migration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: eastern_germanic[1].jpg (169KB, 1000x718px) Image search: [Google]
eastern_germanic[1].jpg
169KB, 1000x718px
>That kingdom in Italy? Yeah those guys were a tiny tribe that came from Gotland
>That Iberia-spanning empire? Yeah same tribe but they took another path
>See North Africa? Those guys also came from Scandinavia, another tiny tribe
>The kingdom of Burgundy? Yup you got it, tiny tribe that came from a Scandinavian island
>>
>>2532206

What are you implying?
>>
how would you explain it then op
>>
The Great Migration Period is more about moving elites than mass and compact movement of peoples. Archaeologically it's very difficult to reconstruct an ethnos on the material culture, as most Migration Period archaeological cultures were polyethnic in their character (Chernyahovo-Santana de Mures for example). At best we can trace certain elites by their fibulae, military equipment, burial rites etc.
>>
The Frenchboo/Latinboo autism & shilling on here is getting unbearable.
>>
The Lombards were pretty based. They gave us Vince Lombardi and Falco Lombardi.
>>
>>2532335
I guess we should be thankful.
>>
You don't need an army of millions to invade a state/region that's been in decline for centuries.
>>
>>2532206
It's called replacing the ruiling class, which was a small part of the population
>>
>>2532359
kek'd
>>
>>2532206
it's not a huge stretch that the fall of the western roman empire opened up the lands to military invasions across the old empire frontier.
This anon: >>2532300 is spot-on about who actually migrated. Germanic chieftains seized on the power vaccuums in these ex-roman lands to plop themselves down and demand tribute, control of the food supply, and/or manpower from farming communities and urban centers of trade, whose daily lives more or less remained the same despite the collapse of the state
>>
>>2532306
I am sorry the truth hurts, snownigger
>>
It happened

But it was on a way smaller scale than the exaggerated accounts of frightened peasants & lords suggested
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.