[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the evolution point of fear besides running away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1472845807402.jpg (185KB, 1200x944px) Image search: [Google]
1472845807402.jpg
185KB, 1200x944px
What's the evolution point of fear besides running away from predators?

I mean fear of public speaking is very real, and yet it makes no sense - there is no danger in public speaking.

It seems that fear does far more harm nowadays than good for people.
>>
fear is the mind killer
>>
>>2530288

Fear of public speaking is socially conditioned
>>
>>2530288
To answer your specific example, rejection from the community was a real danger for our ancestors. It's not the public speaking itself that's triggering your instincts, it's the fact you know it's possible you'll look like an idiot to members of your tribe that's sperging your mokey self out.

To answer your more broad question, it depends, but fear is still rational. We find cockroaches and maggots gross even though they themselves are not a direct threat, but because they're indicative of an environment where you might get sick or eat rotten food. We fear asking someone out because of tribal rejection. We fear death because of self-awareness.
>>
>>2530303
This. It's a result of shit school systems and shit parents who yell at their kids to shut up whenever they speak their minds.
>>
>>2530288

It all goes back to survival. Fear of public speaking. Fear of saying the wrong thing which will lead to someone hurting you or lead to your chances of failing to reproduce.
>>
>>2530288
>What's the evolution point of fear besides running away from predators?
Keeping you from doing stupid fucking shit

>there is no danger in public speaking.
If you fuck up someone will record you and people will make fun of you
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.