[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In Old English gospels, the commonest word for "the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (46KB, 481x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 481x306px
>In Old English gospels, the commonest word for "the physical world," was Middangeard (Old Norse Midgard), literally "the middle enclosure" (see yard (n.1)), which is rooted in Germanic cosmology.

You will never be a new Germanic convert to Christianity waiting to fight the Midgard serpent with Jesus and his army in the battle of Ragnarok.
You will never hear how once Jesus came to Midgard and he and his crew of Viking rowers traveled by long boat the Sea of Galilee to preach the gospel.
You will never wonder whether dwarves, Giants and elves can be saved.
You will never be conducted by the Valkyrie Angels to the pearly gates before Peter the chief rower and gate keeper of Asgard.
You will never pray to the Allfather who art in Asgard.
>>
A better question is what would a nord be doing in Germany
>>
>>2530254
Hurr durr.
>>
>>2530256
You're saying germanic tribes knew Odin?
>>
>>2530275

Not that faggot but yes.
>>
>>2530275
>In Germanic mythology, Odin (from Old Norse Óðinn) is a widely revered god.
>In wider Germanic mythology and paganism, Odin was known in Old English as Wōden, in Old Saxon as Wōdan, and in Old High German as Wuotan or Wōtan
>Odin is a prominently mentioned god throughout the recorded history of the Germanic peoples
>In Anglo-Saxon England, Odin held a particular place as a euhemerized ancestral figure among royalty, and he is frequently referred to as a founding figure among various other Germanic peoples
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin
>>
>>2530275
holy shit m8 read at least a Wikipedia article on this stuff before you start posting.
>>
File: 1475549680809.jpg (189KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475549680809.jpg
189KB, 1280x800px
>>2530250
only sort of related, but i just realized this was why Tolkien called his world Middle Earth.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.