[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Islam just a syncretic union of Eastern Christianity and Semetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1473273177313.jpg (4MB, 2183x3227px) Image search: [Google]
1473273177313.jpg
4MB, 2183x3227px
Is Islam just a syncretic union of Eastern Christianity and Semetic Paganism?
>monothesitic Abrahamic god
>still has Jinns,
>still has pilgrimages to mecca
>still has Arabic as dominant tongue

i'm Muslim myself, but I think i'm coming to a conclusion on this point.
>>
It incorporates elements from both, but it's more than just a simple union of the two.
>>
>>2527607

modern islam isn't but mecca is believed to be an old pagan site yes
>>
>>2527607
Islam is reformist strict monotheist eastern Christianity without Greco-Roman Paganism which infects Christianity

>Semitic Paganism
Itself dilution from ancient Semitic Monotheism, which Christianity and Islam restore
EL / YAHWEH has always been the supreme god before Bal etc. appears and act as intermediary gods
>>
>>2527607
The Quran is ostensibly against Semitic paganism more than anything else, or most likely a then contemporary syncretic fusion of Judaic Christianity and Arab Paganism. Jinns and Mecca and Arabic were likely adopted by non Arab converts who saw these things as uncorrupted by Christianity or Zoroastrianism, with the belief that they had been properly sanctified and purged of pagan meaning by Islamic tradition.
>>
Is Catholicism a syncretic union of Western Christianity and Roman paganism?

>monotheistic Abrahamic god
>still has demons
>still has pilgrimages to Rome
>still has Latin as dominant tongue
>>
>>2527607
don't forget the gnostic elements like the illusion of the crucifixion
>>
>>2527633
sounds like the same idea
>>2527656
Theres evidence that Arabic paganism is different from general semetic paganism of the canaanites and mesopotamians
>>
>>2527659
I think so, yes. And Protestantism tries to remove that influence more along with Germanic values
>>
>>2527685
Its closely related akin to Greeks to Romans Instead of El = Al, Ilah, Baal = Hubal, etc.
>>
File: 1473273496286.jpg (1MB, 1500x2090px) Image search: [Google]
1473273496286.jpg
1MB, 1500x2090px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKiZiZzI2ns

comparing this orthodox chant and the way the quran is recited at prayers there is an uncanny resemblance. I think im seeing some Byzantine influences in Islam
>>
File: Charles-Martel.jpg (46KB, 411x512px) Image search: [Google]
Charles-Martel.jpg
46KB, 411x512px
Stop being Muslim.
>>
>>2527656
> Greco-Roman paganism which infects Christianity

The Trinity isn't paganism because the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are of one substance. This is an imperfect analogy, but it can be thought of as how water exists in three forms on Earth: ice, water, steam.

There are syncretic philosophies that can be applied with Christianity that predate it, like Platonism and Stoicism, but that does not mean the theology itself remotely resembles Greco-Roman paganism.

The concept of desert devils, or jinn, in Islam is a theological concept that has its roots in pre-Islamic Bedouin tradition
>>
File: 1480804543835.png (130KB, 341x326px) Image search: [Google]
1480804543835.png
130KB, 341x326px
>>2527880
recently i've left the traditional perpective of ISlam and Sunniism. I'm now lreading up on a lot of different religions. So far Sufi Islam and Bahaiism are most in line with my beliefs.
>>
>>2527607
>claims to be muslim
>asks a dumb question and has no knowledge of the history of islam

I'm getting real fucking tired of religious people who "believe" shit when they apparently don't even know the history or origins of their faith. Jesus tapdancing Christ, if you believe these are the words of your god why are you all such lazy cunts and never bother to understand it?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.