[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point in history did western Europe have knowledge of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: WestAfrica1625.png (31KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
WestAfrica1625.png
31KB, 498x306px
At what point in history did western Europe have knowledge of science and theology comparable to West Africa before European imperialism?

How many years of progress did the Western world have on pic related?
>>
>>2527145

>How many years of progress did the Western world have on pic related?

depending on the specific places and cultures compared, roughly from 10 to 10 000
>>
>>2527155
>10 000
I find that very hard to believe, anon.
>>
>>2527226
They didn't even do agriculture till comparatively recently, what kind of tech do you expect from pastoralists and hunter-gatherers
>>
>>2527145
Depended wildly

Somewhere like Timbuktu, Djenne, or Niani would have a few centuries of differences

The pygmies are another story
>>
>>2527238
>didn't do agriculture
>pastoralists
Animal husbandry is part of agriculture m8
>>
I don't want to come off as /pol/, but West Africa has always been insignificant in development. The "Great Zabobu' or 'Great Dindu' Empires people name-drop were memes hyped up halfly by Afrocentrist, and the other half by cucked liberals appeasing them. Mansa Musa bankrupting Egypt story was probably just a tale recorded by some Arab chronicler that got it from first-hand sources that weren't probably particularly accurate and likely uninentionally over-exaggerated the details (just like how Herodotus mostly came up to the conclusion that Xerxes army must've been 1 million big if they depleted entire economies of towns they came by just to feed them, and consumed entire smallish lakes they came across; or later writers who relied on primary sources from the battles that Alexander the Great fought in, that listed the enemy side being 100,000+).

The Madison project puts the GPD per capita (in 1990 Geary–Khamis dollar) at the following nations: Belgium 1,589, Germany - $807, Central-North Italy $1,363, Netherlands $2,662, Sweden - $761, GB $1,082, Portugal - $1,164, Spain - $892
Keep in mind, $1,000 USD in 1990 int gk$ is $1,846.62. There is at-least 20 modern Sub-Saharan African nations that going by the same exchange rate, match that and/or less.

In 1600, just Russia, France, UK, Spain, and Germany made up 23-26% of the world's GPD (you probably get up to 27-30 if you count the rest of Western Europe), the next 70% was China, India and Japan, and the rest of the world was 4-6%. They also were estimated to have a combine population of ~69 million, or 10.4% of the world's estimated 660 million population at the time of 1600. Africa (as in, all of it) was estimated to consist of 17.3% of the world's population in 1600.

Sorry kids, but it seems like Africa was always shit.
>>
>>2528499
*puts the GPD per capita at 1600 the following nations
>>
>>2528499
>>2528506
Also, >In 1600, just Russia, France, UK, Spain, and Germany*

*I meant to include Italy
>>
>2528499
>I don't want to come off as /pol/, but West Africa has always been insignificant in development
ok
>The "Great Zabobu' or 'Great Dindu' Empires people name-drop were memes hyped up halfly by Afrocentrist, and the other half by cucked liberals appeasing them.
L. O. Fucking L.
>>
>>2528499
>Sweden - $761
>Germany - $807

the snownigger memes where true
>>
West Africa c1500AD was equivalent to Mediterranean Europe c. 500BC, give or take.
>>
>>2528499
You're not answering the question. At what point in time did Europe match the development of Africa 1600?
>>
>>2530011
Development isn't one straight path, the roads to development mostly just converged at the industrial revolution before that it's difficult to compare, only when there's widespread trade you can.
>>
>>2530037
No, but you can still compare two distinct cultures' scientific advancement and social cohesion.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.