[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the historical origin of Americans being so fat? Countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1322798589001 (1).jpg (41KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
1322798589001 (1).jpg
41KB, 384x395px
What is the historical origin of Americans being so fat? Countries like Japan or France don't have similar rates of obesity, even if you only count white Americans. Are Americans just hedonistic dumbasses?
>>
1. Corn
2. Latino immigration
>>
>>2522740
>Are Americans just hedonistic dumbasses?
Yes

But actually i think a lot of is has to do with the health department encouraging carbs and discouraging natural fats, when actually high carbs and low fat meals are extremely fattening.
>>
Shit food and genetic predisposition to build up fat, expecially in the minorities (black, pacific natives) because their generation got selected in a scarcity environment.
>>
>>2522776
>genetic predisposition to build up fat
There's no such thing. It's entirely diet and lifestyle. They sit around all day doing fucking nothing but eating massive amounts of sugar which almost instantly converted to fat.
>>
High Fructose Corn Syrup and Videogames.
>>
>>2522740
fast food, subsidized corn resulting in cheap ass corn syrup in everything, and hispanic immigrants.
>>
it has to be corn, mexicans arenĀ“t far behind in obesity
>>
>>2522740
>Car culture
>Fast food culture
>large amounts of sugar
>large portions
>>
>>2522785
you missed
>shit food

>There's no such thing
there is such thing, saying that is not saying that genetic predisposition can't be overcome by diet or lifestyle, you fucking pepe drone
>>
>>2522740
HFCS. Any other answer is an asspull meme.
>>
>>2522740
That's what unrivaled prosperity does.
I bet there were a ton of Romanfats during the Pax Romana too.
>>
>>2522785
>there is no such thing
You're literal retard. Injuns for example can't process sugar properly because they evolved without being accustomed to it, introduce them to a normal white person diet and they will bloat up like balloons.
>>
>>2522812
This is the example of a complete asspull I talked about in >>2522810

There are far more prosperous nations than America (Norway, Switzerland etc) and none of them is this fat.
>>
>>2522812
this. we're fattening up so we can sit on the rest of the world. truly the height of luxury is having a syrian refugee clean our your fat folds
>>
>>2522806
There is no such thing as a genetic predisposition to being fat other than the genetic predisposition of shitty willpower and self control
>>
>>2522819
>You're literal retard. Injuns for example can't process sugar properly because they evolved without being accustomed to it, introduce them to a normal white person diet and they will bloat up like balloons.
Nope. They eat too much of it because it's like a drug to them, but it doesn't make them fat, they just have too much.

Getting fat is literally only possible if you eat more calories than you burn, it's basic physics.

You cannot get fat any other way than eating too much, now stop believing the bullshit your sister told you about diet pills and tummy fat.
>>
>sugar is 4 calories per gram
>fat is 9 calories per gram
Something tells me it's the sugar, goyim :^)

Obviously, it's also the sugar that's causing all the heart disease, cancer, steady increase of auto-immune diseases, strokes AND SPECIALLY diabetes.

Aaand it's not like over consumption of isolated fat, protein and animal foods has got nothing to do with that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.