[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When I was still new to the royal palace, I looked out the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1454785010871-his.jpg (45KB, 422x567px) Image search: [Google]
1454785010871-his.jpg
45KB, 422x567px
>When I was still new to the royal palace, I looked out the window and saw a guard standing in the middle of a courtyard, nothing to protect. Nothing to guard. No doors. I couldn't figure out what he was guarding. And so I asked around, no one knew. Not even the emperor. Finally they searched through the old records and found the truth: that 200 years before, as winter came to an end, the emperor's daughter saw the first flower growing up through the snow. To keep anyone from walking on it she assigned a guard to stand watch over it, everyday. After that she never gave it much thought, and thus never countermanded the order. As a result, every day, for 200 years, a guard would stand in that place, long after the flower was gone. Long after the reason had been forgotten. Long after the princess was gone. As I said, these things happen [in a monarchy].

/his/ will defend this.
>>
>>2521967

That story makes me happy and sad at the same time. Makes me think about things that change, things that don't. The beauty of life and its inevitable death. How short life is.
>>
>>2521967
So long as the guard is being paid, everyone is happy. Doesn't make a difference to him what he's guarding.
>>
>>2521967
I need to know if this is not from Babylon 5 and actually from a historical source
Either way OP is not a faggot
>>
File: 1482038762619.png (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1482038762619.png
1MB, 1632x1224px
>>2521967
That little girl ran up to a grown up, tugged on his shirt sleeve, and asked him to guard this flower for her.
>>
>>2521967
but that's romantic af
>>
>>2521993
It's a waste of manpower and resources.
>>
>>2522024
and? CUTE transcends time and outlives purpose. CUTE is like the wrath of God and affects even the third or fourth generation
>>
>>2521967
Source?
>>
>>2522214
Guy up here >>2521996 is right, it was a speech from Babylon 5
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.