[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Jungian archetypes?Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 14861242899930.jpg (19KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
14861242899930.jpg
19KB, 353x334px
Can someone give me a quick rundown on Jungian archetypes?Isn't it just a some descriptions and examples on various conventions and devices (tropes) found within creative works? Like "Pet the Dog", "Redemption in the Rain", "Evil Costume Switch", etc.
>>
That's Junginan archetypes being used in a literary context.

Basically, the archetypes are what Jung believed to be cultural and psychological universals.

These archetypes belong to the psychic collective unconscious shared by humans and manifest via human expression which is influence by this unconsciousness.

Almost like Platonic Forms honestly, though specified a bit differently.
>>
>>2519980
Is that James Gandolfini?
>>
Jung would say the conventions/tropes are inspired by universal symbols/figures/archetypes that come from the collective unconscious.
>>
>>2519980

It's based on astrology. No, seriously. Jung based his "scientific" "theory" about personalities on astrology.

There's a reason why no-one today takes him seriously.
>>
>>2520056

>It's based on astrology

source?
>>
>>2520057
>"Since you want to know my opinion about astrology I can tell you that I've been interested in this particular activity of the human mind since more than 30 years. As I am a psychologist, I am chiefly interested in the particular light the horoscope sheds on certain complications in the character. In cases of difficult psychological diagnosis I usually get a horoscope in order to have a further point of view from an entirely different angle. I must say that I very often found that the astrological data elucidated certain points which I otherwise would have been unable to understand. From such experiences I formed the opinion that astrology is of particular interest to the psychologist, since it contains a sort of psychological experience which we call 'projected' - this means that we find the psychological facts as it were in the constellations."
>>
>>2520080

>seeing astrology as an interesting set of psychological projections/using astrology as a creative way to overcome writers block
>believing in astrology

pick 1. l2comprehension.
>>
>>2520109

Try reading it again.
>>
Stop reading Campbell and read man and his symbols

>>2520140
Nah you are wrong. He did not believe it 100%, only expressing interest and suggesting that others follow suit
>>
>>2520140

i've been reading a lot about witchcraft lately. i've read a lot of primary sources and have found them insightful and psychologically interesting. does that mean i beleive in witches?

take your own advice.
>>
>>2520146

Yeah, no. His affirmation of astrology is very clear, not only in the passage quoited but in many, many other pieces. The fact that you doubt this simply proves that you don't know anything at all about Jung.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.