[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is the trinity a necessary part of christianity? what parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: macedonia costume.jpg (105KB, 407x750px) Image search: [Google]
macedonia costume.jpg
105KB, 407x750px
why is the trinity a necessary part of christianity?

what parts of christianity are broken if you simply say that Old testament God i.e. god the father is The God.
and God created the holy spirit as a helper
and God intentionally created a special human jesus with more holy grace than a regular human, and jesus is indeed the son of God because God decided to zap him straight into Mary's womb rather than through normal sexual reproduction of God's creations.

What parts of Christianity does that break?
>>
Christianity = Trinity
Arianism = No trinity
It's not that complicated. Christianity is partially defined by belief in the trinity and without it ceases to be Christian as we know it but something else.
>>
>>2516879
The part where Jesus has authority to override God the Father's decisions.
>>
>>2516914
when did this happen?

Has jesus ever overpowered God?

Didn't jesus simply convince God to reconsider ? Or use some of the power that was given to him by God but which God could overpower if he was so inclined?

>>2516910
it says that arianism is a type of christianity.
>>
>>2516954
>it says that arianism is a type of christianity.
Than you answered your own question, OP. You can be a Christian and not believe in the trinity. Just the most popular forms of Christianity believe in the trinity.
>>
>>2516954
You have the entirety of Replacement Theology, for starters.
>>
>>2516967
>>2516967
are you saying that you can't say that christianity replaces judaism without the trinity?

I disagree.
You can say that jesus is the created son of God and he was sent to Earth and so as an agent of God, jews are meant to follow his instructions so jews should become christians and the way they follow their faith when they believe that jesus is not the son of god and do not listen to him is less valid than the way christians follow their faith.
>>
>>2516997

>are you saying that you can't say that christianity replaces judaism without the trinity?

Yes.

> You can say that jesus is the created son of God and he was sent to Earth and so as an agent of God, jews are meant to follow his instructions so jews should become christians and the way they follow their faith when they believe that jesus is not the son of god and do not listen to him is less valid than the way christians follow their faith.

The problem with that is that God promises the Jews that their covenant will be eternal, no matter how badly they sin (Pretty much the entirety of Deuteronomy, chapter 4), and in fact specifically warns them not to listen to prophets and dreamers like Jesus who do miracles and tell them that the Covenant is to be abrogated. (Deuteronomy, chapter 13, either verses 2-6 or 1-5 depending on your bible's edition)
>>
>>2517204
I'll need to investigate these claims myself but it seems to me that God is perfectly capable of changing his mind and sending a special part divine part human being (which is not God but was created by God) to tell humans what to do.
>>
>>2517231

A corollary of that position is that God lied to who knows how many millions of people about something like the salvation of your eternal soul. That doesn't exactly fit with a Good or Just deity.

Besides, isn't that what prophets are for? And in fact, assuming your logic, what makes Jesus different from any other prophet other than having a partially divine nature?
>>
>>2517231
God knows what happens from the beginning.
Before God created the Garden of Eden and Made Adam and Eve, he already knew they would disobeyed Him. He knew Satan would win The Spiritual battle in Eden. He knew he would have to create a human Body to. Come our atonement at Calvary. His oneship In a Human body that he would name Jesus.
>>
>>2516879
Constantine said so.
>>
Arius pls go and take your extreme heresy with you
>>
File: Constantine Hypostasis.jpg (99KB, 1534x364px) Image search: [Google]
Constantine Hypostasis.jpg
99KB, 1534x364px
>>2517982

Constantine said lots of things.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.