[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post some of the few conflicts in history where there is an objective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 16

File: 1484394026612.jpg (50KB, 425x363px) Image search: [Google]
1484394026612.jpg
50KB, 425x363px
Post some of the few conflicts in history where there is an objective villain, an evil side, that's reason for operating is either non-existant or out of sheer bloodlust alone.

The Troubles
Villain: Britain

>Ulsters slaughter catholics
>IRA defends catholics
>Britain sticks it's nose in to "help" the Ulsters
>Slaughter Ulster children, bomb Irish churches, literally no reason to be there except to kill and murder
>>
File: image020.jpg (100KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
image020.jpg
100KB, 640x800px
The unsung battles of Mandate Palestine.

Irgun was a Jewish insurgency that used guerilla tactics to paralyze the British and eventually lead the way to formation of the State of Israel
>>
>>2514344
>>
File: tn-470801-exp-edit1.jpg (18KB, 260x241px) Image search: [Google]
tn-470801-exp-edit1.jpg
18KB, 260x241px
>>2514344
Takes a lot of chutzpah to hang British soldiers
>>
>>2514344

>foundation of Israel
>"good cause"

@OP, I think that's very hard to find anywhere in history/doesn't rationally exist, but Spartacus' slave rebellion might've been one.
>>
>>2514330
Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

At every possible opportunity Israel has agreed to a two state solution. However the Palestinian and previously the Arab governments have mostly advocated the destruction of the state of Israel and continued terrorism.
>>
>>2514414
>moves Palestinians form their lands
>puts Palestinians into "settlements"
>b-but w-we m-muh 2 state solution
why do they need to do this again? Why does Israel get to dictate the terms and borders of any an all "2-state solutions"?
>>
>>2514429
>moves Palestinians form their lands
Jewish refugees largely bought land from Arab absentee landlords and Jewish political organisations often advocated to persuade Jews to avoid buying land worked by Palestinian labourers.

>puts Palestinians into "settlements"
I assume you mean refugee camps. This was mainly because Arab governments and Palestinian authorities told and sometimes forced Palestinians to leave Jewish majority areas, especially after exaggerated reports of Deir Yassin.

>Why does Israel get to dictate the terms and borders of any and all "2-state solutions"?
Israel gets to dictate the terms and borders because they won wars of aggression against them.

Pretty standard in terms of history.
>>
>>2514330
Black and Tans did nothing wrong
Belfast should be purged of Catholics and every priest should be crucified and lined along the M1. The Latin rite should be exterminated from the Isles. Long live the Crown!
>>
>>2514330
It's stupid to say Brits are blameless when it comes to Ireland but this seems wrong
>>
>>2514429
>their lands
>not lands who formerly belonged to the ottoman empire or lands that were conquered by the brits or lands the first colonists bought from the sandniggers
your leftypol is showing
>>
File: Untitled.png (2KB, 144x46px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2KB, 144x46px
>>2514464
>Long live the Crown!
Not for much longer
>>
File: Bloody Sunday.jpg (101KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody Sunday.jpg
101KB, 800x498px
>>2514330
t. Paddy O'Brien, proudly 1/64 Irish from Bwoston
>>
Boer Wars
>>
>>2514464
>Black and Tans did nothing wrong
The whole Jew K feels this way. Thats why you let Blacks and Tans come molest your daughters, right?
>>
File: Irish Politics.png (570KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
Irish Politics.png
570KB, 641x600px
Yes, a true Disney level protaganist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP1xEBYbeSA
>>
>>2514330

No villain does anything for no reason or sheer bloodlust. There is always some justification for it. Even if it's a psychopath he does it for his own satisfaction or he got fucked up as a kid. People aren't random forces of nature. To do something we need a reason for it. Especially when it comes to groups of people. There is a reason for it whether or not we agree.

Reminds me of the dude who made a thread saying he felt bad for Hitler and didn't realize how human he was. Like no shit even Hitler was human and has feelings and goals and other shit. Do people really think any bad guy in reality has flimsy cartoon villain reasons to do shit?
>>
File: Literal_Assblasted_Brits.png (424KB, 595x422px) Image search: [Google]
Literal_Assblasted_Brits.png
424KB, 595x422px
>>2514570
Top tier spying there lads
>>
File: 114533-004-24F50A6C.jpg (24KB, 358x450px) Image search: [Google]
114533-004-24F50A6C.jpg
24KB, 358x450px
>>2514576
You underestimate perfidious albion.
>>
>>2514330
t. Murchag O'Brien
>>
>>2514597
>Driving through Belfast
>Irish chimp out

>Irish
>Not niggers
>>
File: 1476807882415.png (17KB, 640x773px) Image search: [Google]
1476807882415.png
17KB, 640x773px
>>2514603
He literally did nothing wrong
>>
File: PatrickGetTheArmalite.jpg (61KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
PatrickGetTheArmalite.jpg
61KB, 615x409px
>>2514632
>>
>>2514460
>unironically defending the forced movement of Palestinians from their homes to camps
heh
>2 state solution
>doesn't recognize the rights of the other state in the first place
>wars of aggression
are you referring to arab-israeli wars? that has nothing to do with the legitimacy of Palestinian sovereignty.
Israel has "agreed to a 2-state" solution only in the strictest terms. They never accept any Palestinian attempts at compromise or change of the agreed borders and conditions, they've only accepted cosmetic changes and somehow people defend them with the same asinine statement you used.
>>
>>2514503
>Ottomans
Yeah that Ottoman independence movement is really just under-recognized, what a shame you colossul fucking moron.
Palestinians have and do currently live there.
>>
>>2514725
the jews didnt "steal" the land you inbred chimp. they were given it. the entente powers won the first world war, and as punishment the turks gave up their holdings in the arab peninsula. the brits then owned what you call "palestine". then after the second world war the brits gave the land they rightfully owned to the kikes. there was no act of theft, only a lot of butthurt.
>>
>>2514784
>jews
>didn't steal
pick one.
>>
>>2514800
>i borrowed a loan from a jewish banker and the interest rate was high therefore all Jews are thieves and all they do is steal sieg heil
>>
>>2514784
They're stealing land right fucking now. The British mandate was misguided to begin with...however modern Palestinians have to deal with it now that the European Jews have lived there for a generation or two, none of that changes the fact that Israel is needlessly belligerent to the Palestinian cause and Palestinians in general (terrorism and radical islam notwithstanding)
>>2514800
fuck off
>>
File: G_IRA.jpg (147KB, 955x960px) Image search: [Google]
G_IRA.jpg
147KB, 955x960px
>>2514330

try to look at this without laughing
>>
>>2514829
The based leader of Libya who was murdered by Hillary Clinton?
>>
>>2514725
>unironically defending the forced movement of Palestinians from their homes to camps
Implying Palestinians haven't done this more.

>that has nothing to do with the legitimacy of Palestinian sovereignty
I think it does since most Palestinians supported Arab invasions of Israel.

>They never accept any Palestinian attempts at compromise or change of the agreed borders and conditions
Like at Camp David in 2000?

>they've only accepted cosmetic changes
Was pulling Israeli settlements out of Gaza just a 'cosmetic change'?

I'm not here to say that Israel has done no wrong, but that that the Palis have done far worse.
>>
>>2514819
While I agree that Israeli settlement in the west bank is wrong, I doubt pulling out would change much in the grand scheme of things.

Nothing much changed after they left Gaza.
>>
>>2514603
Was Cromwell /ourguy/?
>>
The Troubles didn't have a good or bad side.

The IRA didn't defend shit. Their campaign was either killing the british soldiers that showed up or carrying out revenge bombings against loyalists.

There were no good guys. The only non guilty party are arguably the civilians who stayed out of it.

Loyalists were clearly worse-they targeted more civilians, were bombings and shooting people before the IRA even woke up and their autism is largely the reason the Troubles kicked off so harshly.

This is largely ignored despite being quite literally public information with chronological lists of events and statistics showing that yes, loyalists memeraided first and killed more civvies.

That said, nobody is the good guys. All combatants turned to dirty tricks, cheap tactics and shitty practices. None of them protected anything or anyone.

The whole affair was a mess and cucked NI forever.
The IRA had a just cause, but they corrupted it.
The Loyalists were bigger enemies of the innocents and arguably started it.
The British were feckless and got absolutely bullied.

NI is a fucking hole anyway. See you fags at the Bot tomorrow.
>>
File: bait.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>2514330
>being this much of a plastic paddy retard
>>
>>2514330

The British bombed churches during the Troubles?
>>
>>2514344
My grandpa was an Irish Catholic who served with the British forces during WWII and the war in mandatory Palestine. He became something of an anti-Semite and although he was nowhere near Mel Gibson-tier, Vatican II still rustled his jimmies
>>
File: 1478611450271.jpg (45KB, 550x391px) Image search: [Google]
1478611450271.jpg
45KB, 550x391px
>>2514330
WW1
Central powers

Russian civil war
Reds

Ottoman wars in Europe
Take a wild guess
>>
>>2514829
>implying loyalist murals aren't 100x shittier
like fuck, you'd think there'd be at least one cunt in the orange lodge who could actually draw/paint worth half a shit
>>
>>2514330
WW2
Villain: The Eternal Anglo
>>
>>2518580
>inb4 Germany dindu nuffin
propaganda aside, they were cartoonishly evil during their occupation of Belgium
>>
>>2518603
>anglo
>doing anything in ww2
>>
>>2518604
True for both Germans in Belgium and Austrians in Serbia (Might as well add on the Armenian genocide to the Turks because it's related).
Even if we forgo the causes of the war and the July crisis.
>>
>>2518599

Murals are about 50/50. The IRA ones aren't all masterpieces.

Music on the other hand, the IRA definitely have an edge. Loyalist songs, at least the ones that made it online, sound like they were recorded in a pub toilet and probably were.
>>
>>2518621
On the other hand, IMO the Brits were no saints either. They were pretty bad in how they handled the uprisings in Ireland in 1916 and after the war. And they violated Greece's neutrality in 1915, despite Germany's violation of Belgian neutrality being their casus belli for the war in the first place. But on the whole. I'd agree that the Central Powers were a lot worse than the Entente.
>>2518631
Fair enough.
>Loyalist songs, at least the ones that made it online, sound like they were recorded in a pub toilet and probably were.
You're forgetting the ones made with godawful 90's(?) synthesizers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcaRG8hI4Y
desu I could totally see myself dancing to this on DDR if I was pissed drunk
>>
File: 1488581451907.jpg (9KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1488581451907.jpg
9KB, 227x222px
>mfw literally forget NI is even part of my country frequently
>>
>>2518702
You're not alone there. Hardly anyone in GB gives a fuck about it
Many nationalists are smug about this, but the reality is most unionists are keenly aware of it. They have more loyalty to the crown itself as an institution (particularly the monarch's role as "sovereign") and their British heritage/identity than they do to the UK government or even the people of Great Britain
>>
>>2517319
first accurate troubles post I've seen
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.