[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you an independent thinker? Be honest. Sometimes I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: gorilla-wallpaper-2.jpg (496KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla-wallpaper-2.jpg
496KB, 1920x1200px
Are you an independent thinker? Be honest.

Sometimes I find myself pondering things completely on my own that philosophers have fleshed out in a similar way that I never read, and many other times I simply find myself parroting stuff that makes sense to me without much deeper examination.

What is independent thought? Does it actually exist? Discuss.
>>
I agree with Plato that our understanding of the world is imperfect. However the information at my disposal I generally take what's logical to me and role with it. I've changed my mind many times and know I will continue to throughout life but feel I'm generally an independent thinker.
>>
It depends on the level of introspection and self-honesty.

Actually most people are ideological and they reject anything that contradicts their worldview.
>>
I think independent thought is psychologically impossible, we are not orangutangs, we are a very social species

Consider things like ingroup vs outgroup, groupthink and so on and so on
>>
>>2512948
There's a lot more, stuff like system justification bias, how we copy others etc.
Read some good sociology (none of that marxist poo, and that comes from a leftist) and plain psychology
>>
We are bound by languages which are bound to certain thinking patterns, which makes us all connected somehow.
Those who analyze and go through this kind of stuff may have a detached view, but as said, we are social, I'm talking about this subject which means there is a communication link and that may limit one's own view of the world by criteria (thinking patterns, new languages) which could make him feel the world and thus understand it clearly. Culture is something that must be understood it's worth and finality, but must never limit our independent thinking.
>>
I don't think glass is see through I think it's sterogram type hologram displayed on the inner surface closest towards youreye which you mistake for being the worl beyond the pane

same with mirrors (but displayes an stereogram of the world in front), other clear things, waer etc\

I'm high
>>
>>2512923
It's a discipline for me, and I think it helps that I have OCD. I compulsively doubt everything I've been taught. Sometimes I fall for the "groupthink" of one side, but I always manage to readjust. I've never considered myself a follower of anything, so it actually is hard for me to allow myself to parrot someone else's views.
>>
>>2512923

It's a question of the similarities between our modes of thought and sheer numbers. 6 billion humans, many relative geniuses. I have the same problem. For example, wage slavery. I intuited very young that wages were (or could be) a form of slavery, before I ever heard of Marx, but he went to the effort of exhaustively laying out the theory. I'm still a die-hard capitalist.

What you're describing are profound but shallow thoughts, born of a healthy mind and likely skepticism about the world at large. The belief that the universe is inside a black hole, for example, occurred to me years ago. But I couldn't begin to lay out the physics of it to a mathematical certainty, or intellectually bridge the gap between here and there. There are those who can.

Genius and skepticism only gets you so far. From there, rigor is required.
>>
>>2516227
very
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.