[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Myers-Briggs personality test accurate/highly useful in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Is the Myers-Briggs personality test accurate/highly useful in understanding your personality? Or is this just a shit meme? I am an INTP and all descriptions provided by what I have looked up tell me yes, but I would like your opinion and also your type if you have taken it before.
>>
It's a quasi-scientific self-help pop-psychology meme.
>>
I am an outsider, but you can easily find that the Big Five personality test is the only one considered valid.
In fact Myers-Briggs is considered pseudoscience.

But Myers-Briggs is still very popular amongst cooperations.
>>
>>2512742
Which is why it's taught in skills across America which offer no meaningful humanities skills.
>>
It's normie trash.
>>
>>2512748
Considering you believe it's valid, should I take the Big Five? btw don't judge me for asking about personality tests because irl friends recommended Myers-Briggs, anytime I see a Buzzfeed test, my stomach almost implodes on itself.
>>
>>2512780
>Considering you believe it's valid
I didn't say or mean that, scientific consensus goes to the Big Five

If you want my belief I think every self-test is largely invalid because psychology tells us humans are not honest about themselves

I do believe the Big Five is the best to work with, it is even used on animals if I remember correctly (I read a book on animal personalities)

You can take the test just don't take conclusions too fast
>>
>>2512805
Understood, I apologize that I assumed such but I didn't know if you meant valid in your opinion or scientifically. I definitely will try to stay away from overdependence on my results, however.
>>
>>2512729
The Big 5 is more scientifically validated.

There are similarities between the two in that, intuition is something like high openness, and sensing is something like low openness. Feeling is something like agreeableness and thinking is something like disagreeableness. Judging is something like high conscientiousness and perceiving is low. And of course, there's introversion and extraversion in both.

And maybe there's some advantages to the M-B model. But I would stick with the Big Five, which is more scientific and way easier to apply and understand.
>>
Last time a took it, i got ISTJ, which only really describes half my personality and my behavioral tendencies. It's not supposed to be definitive though, rather an approximation. And the type you get ultimately comes down to the questions, how they are framed, and how you are feeling on the particular day you take the test.
>>
Its pseudo science. horoscopes for STEMtards
>>
>>2512729

ACCURACY OF RESULTS IS DEPENDENT ON TWO FACTORS: THE QUALITY OF THE TEST ITSELF, AND THE VERACITY, OR ACCURACY, OF YOUR RESPONSES.

FALSE, OR INACCURATE, RESPONSES WILL ALWAYS YIELD AN INACCURATE RESULT, REGARDLESS OF TEST'S QUALITY; VERACIOUS, OR ACCURATE, RESPONSES WILL ALWAYS MAKE THE BEST OF EVEN A SUBOPTIMAL TEST.

ANY PSYCHOLOGICAL TEST REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF SELFKNOWLEDGE, AND OF SELFCONSCIOUSNESS, FOR A RELEVANT RESULT.

MY "MBTI" TYPE IS "INTP".

http://ryzhknd.tumblr.com/psy
>>
>>2512833
All is good. I have done the Big Five personality test myself several times and it differs in results, though some results are always high.
This is a good post too >>2512892

You could search for Scott Barry Kaufman and Jonathan Haidt to see what the Big Five is used for. Claims exist of the Big Five correlating with political views and intelligence and other stuff.

You can check out yourmorals it is a site used for scientific testing (political science) and has a lot more personality tests. See picture related it is my result of the Big Five. Note that it requires you to make an account.
>>
>>2512729
It was invented by two women, what do you think?
>>
>>2513061
pretty sure mysogony is against the rules
>>
Which of the 4 major personality types is best? Analysts, Diplomat, Sentinel, Explorer.
>>
>>2513239
That's like comparing apple and oranges. imo it's analysts anyways because that's 95% of 4chan.
>>
>>2513541
Diplomat. Emotional intelligence is the key to success in life.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.