[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Quebec not follow suit with the rest of the British colonies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 4849849849849.jpg (496KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4849849849849.jpg
496KB, 1920x1280px
Why did Quebec not follow suit with the rest of the British colonies in North America and rebel against the English crown in 1776?

The French were badly beaten for a reason I don't know just 20 years earlier. Weren't the majority french people there eager to rise up against their humiliating defeat at the hands of the English monarchy?

Instead not only did they not join the 13 colonies, but they actively helped the British in fighting them.

As a Canadian I am sad that Washington failed in his attempt to take over Quebec, for I believe I'd be better off being in a Canadian American state than a Canadian province as is.
>>
Americans - righteous Protestants

British - pragmatic and left the French alone so long as they didn't rise up
>>
>>2509674

My understanding is that the Quebecers had far more grudges with the Colonists than with the British Government itself. The Colonists were seen as driving force behind the French and Indian War and responsible for most of its ugliest aspects.
>>
Why would Catholic peasents who were allowed to preserve their culture and system of law under the crown join a movement of anticatholic masonic protestant supremacists?
>>
>>2509862
To stick it to the British Crown which just conquered them, I suppose, not that I agree with that.
>>
>>2509674
>Why did Quebec not follow suit with the rest of the British colonies in North America and rebel against the English crown in 1776?
you do realise that not even a majority of the population of the 13 colonies rebelled right?

loyalists contributed a major portion of the troops in the fighting and some whole districts remained loyal for most of the war.

if not even a majority of americans rebelled wh the fuck would some fairly well treated people who had no dog in the fight and had been soundly beaten in their last battle with the british care to get involved?
>>
>>2509674
>ruled by centralised goverment
>live and let live goverment
Really activates the almonds
>>
>>2509674
we tried, there were a couple formations of french canadians and english canadians fighting for freedom but their attempts were in vain during the invasion of Quebec in 1776
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.