[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Operation Barbarossa failed because of Mussolini's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ww1.jpg (230KB, 1393x901px) Image search: [Google]
ww1.jpg
230KB, 1393x901px
Is it true that Operation Barbarossa failed because of Mussolini's blunder in the Balkans against Greece?
>>
Yeah.
>>
Nope.
>>
>>2506566
Not at all.
>>
>>2506566
No, that's just Serbo-Greek propaganda to make us seem more important.
>>
>>2506566
Maybe
>>
No, Russians were stronger than Hitler anticipated. Germans had the dumb idea they would be able to get the Russians to surrender in just a couple months.
>>
they had six million troops or some such crazy shit. At a certain point it becomes a logistical failure - which is actually where the 20 something pasty single men's interest fade
>>
Can please you not repeat the question another time again?
>>
>>2506566
>that propaganda-tier caption
>>
It was Soviet resources and production capacity. In terms of manpower or strategy there was hardly anything Hitler could have ever maneuvered to counter what was a bad gamble on his part.

Hear it from himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqxoA52kjI

If there was one thing communism could do right it was a quick war-time transition to all-out military production
>>
>>2506566
>"Woah, this invasion is taking longer than anticipated"
>"Are our supplies supposed to be this low?"
>"How are all of them mechanized?!"
>>
Hitler couldn't keep his armies supplied on the eastern front anyway. Sending troops to chill in the Balkans was a good move.
>>
File: 1363147223335.png (653KB, 1275x717px) Image search: [Google]
1363147223335.png
653KB, 1275x717px
>>2506592

what?

I don't see anything
>>
>>2506566
No. The action was delayed because of mass flooding in Poland, not Greece.
>>
>>2506566
No. There's nothing Italy could possibly have done to prevent the USSR from inevitably stomping on Germany's balls.
>>
>>2506566
It's true that for every Italian soldier Germany had to have three extra to make up for their incompetence.
>>
>>2506566
Maybe. I've heard that Germanys intervention in Greece delayed Barbarossa by a few weeks but that was enough to turn the weather bad which slowed down the German advance.
>>
>>2506595
I just want to point out that ultimately Hitler is blaming the lack of respect for the human worker the bolsheviks had. He points that the workers in the tank factories were basically slaves living like animals.

He also would copy this in the last year of the war because he thought it was why he was losing.

Most of his generals blames the Yugoslavian adventure as the reason because it delayed Barbarossa a month and 2 weeks and they got to moscow about two weeks after winter set in and about two weeks after soviet defenses were ready.
>>
>>2506846

The generals are thinking too tactically, the idea of being outgunned in a losing venture isn't something a general regards, they're only thinking of a way for them to win.

It was Hitler's idea to get them into the mess with the USSR and as the visionary could see his fatal mistake probably earlier than his guys on the field.

Hitler can be bitter about the Bolshevik strategy all he wants, in the end it was this allegedly inhuman method of population control that allowed for the USSR to effectively move and maximize production as they did while the Germans progressed.

It's a tale of hubris, Hitler was so hopelessly against Bolshevism and communism that he wouldn't regard its potential in this respect.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.