[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: darkest philosophy Carlo Michelstaedtr: suicide is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: untitled.png (43KB, 338x149px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
43KB, 338x149px
ITT: darkest philosophy

Carlo Michelstaedtr: suicide is the only true act

> Once consciousness refuses to forego its quest for a meaning that is no longer available, it is left to affirm nothing but voiceless passion. That is the point at which "man would rather will nothingness than not will at all." Suicide becomes the self's only proper act, its sole affirmation, the form of a transcendent and impossible identity.

>the "philosophy of life" that inherits the metaphysical project induces cosmic suicide. And this explains the cryptic parable that appears on the first, blood-stained page of Persuasion and Rhetoric. Having sketched an oil lamp in the process of extinction, Michelstaedter glosses it with these words in Greek: "The lamp goes out for lack of oil. I, overflowing at the brim, extinguished myself."

>Michelstaedter's suicide does not attest to the failure of persuasion, as one might be tempted to read it. It enacts it. For the suicide, as Schopenhauer argues, does not will death. The suicide "wills life ... and is only dissatisfied with the conditions under which it has presented itself to him. ... Just because the suicide cannot give up willing, he gives up living."
>>
Follow your leader op no time like the present
>>
I've been speaking English all my life and i can tell you now that that made zero sense.
>>
>>2504108
pleb
>>
File: Burningthepantheon.jpg (70KB, 557x712px) Image search: [Google]
Burningthepantheon.jpg
70KB, 557x712px
>>2503990
>They have not yet become men, those terrible ones: may they preach renunciation of life, and pass away themselves! There are the spiritually consumptive ones: hardly are they born when they begin to die, and long for doctrines of weariness and renunciation. They would rather be dead, and we should welcome their wish! Let us beware of awakening those dead ones, and of damaging those living coffins! They meet an invalid, or an old man, or a corpse- and immediately they say: "Life is refuted!" But only they are refuted, and their eye, which sees only one facet of existence.
Nietzsche once again BTFOs nihilist cucks.
>>
>>2504156

Jokes on you, at least I'm alive/not depressed
>>
>>2504733
The whole point of Michelstaedtr's work is that life without the absolute is no life at all.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.