[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the implications of ever increasing levels of automation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: mab8uhx2vc7y.png (182KB, 866x635px) Image search: [Google]
mab8uhx2vc7y.png
182KB, 866x635px
What are the implications of ever increasing levels of automation?

Will society have to reconcile that not everyone has to work for a living because we're going to amazingly productive?
>>
half the population will be out of a job and liberitardian philosophy will be forever defunct.
>>
>>2503564
No, we'll just transition to a service-based economy where even the middle classes (including the people who take care of those machines) have live-in servants.

Pretty much the same thing that happened in Singapore.
>>
File: 1426788635477.png (158KB, 1000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1426788635477.png
158KB, 1000x963px
Makes no difference to me personally.
>>
You have to keep the population occupied. Or what they find to occupy their time will horrify you.
>>
capitalist economic principles will no longer be tenable
fully automated luxury communism will become the new norm
>>
>>2503581
Fool

All you will see is a rise in illicit forms of capitalism. If the State will not allow the people forms of economic expansion the people will over run the barriers of the state.

Mankind will never be satisfied with having just what his neighbor has and no more
>>
>>2503589
that's why we gotta put drugs in the soft drinks to make these violent faggots docile
>>
>>2503596
We've been doing that. It backfired. Now no one is having kids.

Which might ultimately solve the problem
>>
>>2503577
Unless you're in like Sweden or something, it's probably a good idea to get a job.
>>
Society will either have to make laws stating certain jobs cannot be automated, or risk having over half their population unemployed.

Capitalism is, itself, giving all the reasons as to why it needs to go.
>>
Careful OP, I heard Marx started to think up the same thing.
>>
>>2503596
Huxley pls
>>
File: tumblr_odmqppRf6r1v0pigno1_500.jpg (108KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odmqppRf6r1v0pigno1_500.jpg
108KB, 409x409px
>>2503606
Why? To buy more garbage and line people's pockets?

Hehehehe no
>>
>>2503589
>Mankind will never be satisfied with having just what his neighbor has and no more

correction: you won't be satisfied

i am perfectly satisfied with that arrangement
>>
>>2503564
>not everyone has to work for a living because we're going to amazingly productive?

You are using "work" very liberally.

Very few people today work like their grandparents did. Work had become much easier, and will continue to become easier with automation.
>>
File: 1429200745129.jpg (253KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1429200745129.jpg
253KB, 2048x1447px
>>
It will be your job to watch netflix.
>>
>>2503620
Go to bed grandpa.
>>
>>2503619
That's cause you're a weak cuckold with no drive to do anything better with your life.
>>
>>2503564

More likely the population will shrink dramatically.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.