[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never seen the problem with hipocrisy. I'm an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1480291136858.jpg (154KB, 662x662px) Image search: [Google]
1480291136858.jpg
154KB, 662x662px
I've never seen the problem with hipocrisy. I'm an hipocrite all the time, so what, it doesn't make my points any less true or my arguments any less factual
So what's wrong with hipocrisy enlighten me
>>
>>2500538

hypocrisy*
>>
Behave like an asshole and people will treat you like one.
>>
>>2500570
A man who smokes who warns another one (careful: warns, not "lectures"), that smoking is bad and he should try quitting, is a hypocryte, but that doesn't make it untrue that smoking is bad, nor does it make him an asshole, nor does it make his sentiment any less sincere
>>
>>2500538
It doesn't lend credit to the feasibility of your ideas. If even a moralist like you cannot desist from impaling babies on polearms, what hope is there for a world where such things do not happen? We might as well not bother working towards such a world.
>>
>>2500677
This is a weak-minded person's response.
Yes, I'm a weak man with strong moral I hardly adhere to, but you can easily do better
>>
>>2500538
Hypocrisy becomes relevant when you want to evaluate someone's authority or you are debating morals, or rather, sets of morals (moral debates are mostly about moral consistency, rhetorically speaking).
>>
>>2500806
But this is only true due to a bias against hypocrisy, or a misplaced praise of moral integrity, both of which have no real place in moral discourse outside of the realm of "muh fee-fees"
>>
>>2500647

That example sounds as of the smoker's saying, "don't follow in my footsteps, shit sucks"; like a word of warning. Hypocricy is more lying to yourself, as well as others; e.g. "i love animals" while unnecessarily eating meat. Cognitive dissonance is painful on a subtle psychological levels, and invariably leads to pain for others, as well.
>>
>>2500647
It says he's weak.
>>
>>2500538
>So what's wrong with hipocrisy enlighten me
It "feels" stupid. I admit to stupid--most of the time--but I have enough sense to be shamed by it.
>>
>>2500842
>Hypocricy is more lying to yourself
I must be using the wrong dictionary.

I don't think you've fully established your other points either.

>>2500843
What does that have to do with the objectivity of what he's saying?
I agree that subjectively, character contributes to how willing you are to agree with someone.
>>
>>2500830
Many morals are subjective, so in moral exercises and arguments it is important to practice consistency, developing a model to define what is moral and immoral and sticking to it. This is purely rhetorical. You essentially say that it isn't necessarily practical to remain morally consistent however morals aren't necessarily practical in the first place. I suppose it also is important in other subjective cases as well, such as art and music criticism.
>>
File: fullregalia.jpg (141KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fullregalia.jpg
141KB, 720x1280px
>>2500757
>heh, weak-minded sheeple, this'll be easy
*teleports behind you*
It is you who is weak-minded. While you are content to accept that you are incapable of the kierkegaardian leaps of faith your moral code requries, I incorporate the real world and pragmatism into my moral philosophy despite the implications of this and advance it further.

Checkmate.
>>
>>2500886
>What does that have to do with the objectivity of what he's saying?
>>2500842
said. In this case its more like a cautionary tale. Smoking is bad for you, but now that he's an addict he can't stop.

In other cases where the validity isn't so clear-cut, it calls into question the hypocrite's position. If whatever he is saying is true, why does he not do it himself? Like for example JK Rowling demanding everyone be charitable to refugees, despite her being a billionaire and not taking any in herself. If she feels so strongly, why is she not taking action herself? She's more capable than just about anyone. She must have a reason.
>>
>>2500891
I'm more saying that, one's belief that a moral conduct is "better" shouldn't necessarily come with one adhering to it entirely, if at all. I'd listen to the devil teaching me what a moral lifestyle is, and judge his arguments, detached from his person
>>2500923
Never said I am "content". It might be unwillingness, unreadiness, laziness, so many factors to justify hypocrisy
>>2500929
>>2500842
I will further restrict the topic to talk about a hypocryte who knows of being such
>>
>>2500929

Rowling gives her money to charity so much she has dropped from billionaire a while ago. https://www.forbes.com/pictures/emjd45jd/j-k-rowling/#590554b06825
>>
>say x
>do y
>expect people to believe x
>thinking people are rational and will exclude y from their consideration

Are you a robot?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.