[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have people become more loose with their words in recent times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Culhwch.jpg (131KB, 707x473px) Image search: [Google]
Culhwch.jpg
131KB, 707x473px
Have people become more loose with their words in recent times? Not only loose but uncontrolled?

When you read ancient texts and books and documents, people seem to be very formal in all of their dealings, even with peasants, like they have total control over what they will say next and what communication means.

But people today will talk so. much. bullshit. If you can't manage verbal diarrhea then it means something is wrong with you. The only control people have today is the desire to appear "cool" which involves consumerism and groupthink as opposed to wise answers and virtuous living.
>>
“He loved a wench well; and one time getting up one of the Mayds of Honour up against a tree in a Wood (’twas his first lady) who seemed at first boarding to be something fearful of her Honour, and modest, she cryed, Sweet Sir Walter, what do you me ask ? Will you undoe me? Nay, sweet Sir Walter! Sweet Sir Walter! Sir Walter! At last, as the danger and the pleasure at the same time grew higher, she cryed in the extasey, Swisser Swatter Swisser Swatter. She proved with child, and I doubt not but this Hero took care of them both"
>>
>>2499830
>Thinking documents that have survived from millennia ago were accurate representations of regular conversations

Do you really think the documents from the elite 1% of the population who could read are an accurate representation of what farmers and ditch diggers would be saying?
>>
I write better than I speak

There's so much retarded shit you do when speaking you don't even realize
>>
>>2499836
Is this supposed to refute my point? A sexual coupling and the moanings of a woman during sex is supposed to disprove that people do not conduct themselves in a respectable and well thought out manner?
>>
>>2499841
Well yeah, people today copy celebrities and what they see in films. If Brad Pitt or some other celebrity prostitute does or says something in a movie or song then the masses would copy them.

So why wouldn't farmers and ditch diggers copy the rich fancy guys they always see riding around on horses with armor and conducting in a manner you would expect from someone with jedi-like self control and wisdom?
>>
You're 13 or something, right?
>>
>>2499857
Of course. Now please contribute to the thread or stop posting any time.
>>
>>2499830
how someone writes =/= how someone speaks
>>
Is this a Donald Trump thread?
>>
File: OcQnX0j.jpg (89KB, 550x392px) Image search: [Google]
OcQnX0j.jpg
89KB, 550x392px
The language was just different. Formal language went out of style in English for one reason or another. We now speak in a manner oriented towards simplicity rather than respect. Verbal diarrhea is a bit harsh.
>>
Back then a "bitch" was a female dog. A "ho" was fixing your garden with. And if you "axe somebody", you should probably expect a stern telling off from a local bobby
>>
https://www.archive.org/stream/1811dictionaryof05402gut/dcvgr10.txt

Slang has always been a thing, it's just different words were used.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.