[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good books that give a detailed overview on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1435063810226.jpg (411KB, 2112x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1435063810226.jpg
411KB, 2112x1300px
What are some good books that give a detailed overview on the history and politics of the middle east? I know thats a very broad topic, but Im really starting from zero on this. Im specifically interested in the more recent history, I guess from about 1900 onwards? Earlier is fine of course, just nothing focused primarily on ancient history. I want to know about the things that led the region to its current state, and about the internal politics and conflicts and wars and colonialism and shit like that. Geopolitics sort of stuff.

Sorry if this post is worded awkwardly, hopefully you understand what Im asking for.

pic vaguely related
>>
A Consise History of the Middle East by Goldschmidt. Good place to start.
>>
>>2499592
>(((Goldschmidt)))
>>
>>2499594
Yup, written by a kike. Wait until you get to the Palestine section, you'll see how much of a Zionist he is (he's not).
>>
>>2499594
kys /pol/cuck. schmidt is not a a jewish name, even if it has "gold" tagged onto it. another giveaway is that he is a jr., and jews don't name their kids after themselves. the first name, arthur, is also not a jewish name
>>
>>2499554
You could read the Coran and the Hadiths. I recommend Al-Bukhari and Muslim.
The Coran is a relatively small book while the Hadiths are huge and redundant. But you'll understand certain customs and behaviours in the modern middle east.

Since Islam has become inherently political and the Hadiths are basicaly the muslim "Talmud" (ie book of laws and rules) I though you would be interested.
>>
>>2499687
literally orientalist tier. reading the koran and hadits is not helpful to learn about the events the modern middle east. what you're arguing is that a religious book is the main driving force of middle eastern history in the last century. that argument weeds you out as someone who has no clue about the history of the region.
>>
>>2499681
Goldschmidt explicitly is a Jewish surname.
>>
7 pillars of wisdom is good if you have basic background knowledge of geography and the countries that existed around that area during ww1

There's also an abridged version revolt in the desert that people seem to like
>>
>>2499696
OP said:
What are some good books that give a detailed overview on the history and POLITICS of the middle east?

Allow me then to rephrase:
"Since Islam has become inherently political and the Hadiths are basicaly the muslim "Talmud" (ie book of laws and rules) I though you would be interested."
>>
>>2499697
and i tell you that it isn't. schmidt is a german name. goldschmidt is a german name. schmidt is not a jewish name. it means "smith". do you know any jewish people who are named "smith" in english? no, because jews weren't allowed to be smiths, idiot. the problem is that you're so conditioned to see any name with "gold" in it as jewish.
>>
>>2499724
that doesn't make it anymore relevant. politics has never been or never will be dictated by the words in a book. you're still saying that you need a book to interpret a modern movement when it's more useful to look at the social and economic context in which these movements were born. and anyway, OP would learn more reading modern islamist thinkers such as qutb or al-hubaydi, who had a profound influence on their successors.
>>
>>2499735
Schmidt is a German surname. Goldsmidt is exclusively Ashkenazi surname.

> it means "smith"
Stop trying to amerisplain this shit to people who know far more about it than you. Names originating with metals and minerals (Gold-, Silber-, Rubin-, Eisen-) are all Ashkenazi.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.