[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was gonna post this on /lit/ but I guess it's more relevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 30659.jpg (95KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
30659.jpg
95KB, 309x475px
I was gonna post this on /lit/ but I guess it's more relevant here.

What are are some books written by Kings, Queens, Emperors or other kinds of Monarchs worth checking out? I'm interested in reading about books written or at least transcribed by these kinds of figures specifically.
>>
Mein Kampf
>>
>>2499282
1. he wasn't a monarch
2. mein kampf is not worth checking out unless you study marketing
>>
James I did a treatise on witchcraft
>>
>>2499276
pic related is pretty damn good desu, might be top of the list. a lot of what they wrote are dull administrative guides or military manuals, though there are a few standouts beyond that. if you expand it to 'statesmen' the list gets a whole lot better. from what i've read:

the gallic war and the civil wars by julius caesar are alright, even they are just pretty much propaganda.

the alexiad by anna komnene is worth a read too. not written by a monach directly, it was written by the eldest daughter of byzantine emperor alexios I komenos. worth a read if it fits your criteria

the extinction of pauperism by emperor napoleon III is worth a read too. despite his blunders at the end of his reign, the dude lived a wild life and was a smart and ambitious man. the extinction of pauperism, if you can call it a book at 33 pages, was instrumental into making him so wildly popular. he was not emperor when he wrote it though, so i'm not sure if it counts.
>>
>>2499331
No these are all good suggestions, The Alexiad sounds really cool, never knew about it, thanks I'll check em out.
>>
>>2499287
He's not a monarch, but I've found it interesting because it highlights to me just how warped the mindset of neo-nazis is, and underscores where arguing with them is fruitless (pointing out that Marx was not in fact a Jew is pointless, as they consider it a race rather than a religion, for instance).
>>
>>2499361
Fair point, thought you were shitposting
>>
>>2499361
isn't it the race and not the religion that nazi germany was preoccupied with?
>>
>>2499361
Most Jews on Earth consider it a race and not a religion.

Secular judaism is still judaism.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.