[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly was Germany's endgame in WW1? Let's say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

What exactly was Germany's endgame in WW1?

Let's say they take Paris and the rest of France or whatever. What then? Keep going to Britain?

I've always been taught WW1 was the culmination of a lot of pent up tension but never really understood what the actual point was.
>>
>>2499088
>What then?
Offer a white peace to the British Empire where Germany pulls out of all occupied territory and reinstates the governments there all while taking a bunch of French colonies.
>>
There wasn't any. Basically everyone had some defense pact with everybody else and kept shit secret. Ferdinand died and it was enough to be seen as an act of war. Because of all these backdoor deals and alliances, everyone gets dragged in to fight because everyone is allied with a million other people and have to honor it.

It was such a pointless clusterfuck.
>>
>>2499088
Prestige and hegemony over Europe.
France would be subdued and degraded to second-rate power.
Russia would be forced out war, weakened or balkanized (this sort of happened.
Britsh sea power would be weakened and some colonies possibly stripped from them.
>>
>>2499088
AH gets to annex the Serbs.

Germany gets Russian clay and French colony clay.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.