[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Camus ever suicidal and did he ever seriously contemplate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: camus.jpg (51KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
51KB, 850x400px
Was Camus ever suicidal and did he ever seriously contemplate suicide? Because I've been through some serious depression and have considered suicide, and his solution to why not suicide makes no sense to me. It seems like he's only considered suicide in the abstract, he knows his answer is not suicide, and he came up with a justification to why not suicide.
>>
What you should do is date a bunch of supermodels and drive your car off of a cliff.
>>
>>2488591
"However dark, we must supply our own light"

Not necessarily Camus, but to me suicide is bad bet. We'll die eventually so you may as well try to find life before that.
>>
>>2488591
>It seems like he's only considered suicide in the abstract

Well yes. Clinical depression is different. If you want to kill yourself because the hormones in your brain are in the wrong proportions, no argument is going to matter.
>>
>>2488783
this
the one issue with suicide is how pointless it is
>>
>>2488789
You can rationalize not killing yourself, speaking from personal experience. Rationalization is one of the things that keeps you going. It won't remove the desire to kill yourself. It does help prevent you from actually killing yourself.

>>2488836
>>2488783
These are too feelsy and don't help you get over actual clinical depression caused by hormones as described by >>2488789
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.