[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlighten me on a single historical reason why this should exist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: bela-MMAP-md.png (79KB, 1032x727px) Image search: [Google]
bela-MMAP-md.png
79KB, 1032x727px
Enlighten me on a single historical reason why this should exist.

>inb4 Kievan Rus

Not an argument.
>>
A buffer state between Poland and Russia helps keep the peace.
>>
>>2482139
this desu, although its more of a buffer state for NATO in general than just Poland
>>
Because Byelorussian is a language

Every language with a significant population of speakers deserves a state.
>>
>>2482120
I don't get it, are they just Lithuanians LARPing as half-Russians?
>>
>>2482477
>Because Byelorussian is a language
It's literally a minority language in it's own nation state
>>
>>2482120
i never hear anything about them, seems like they mind their own business

theyre alright in my book
>>
>>2482456
Ukraine Moldova, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania should have been as well. The West just got greedy.
>inb4 the west is always greedy
True. But they've been extra greedy since they won the Cold War.
>>
It's the "an uneducated and confused person thinks a country he knows nothing about shouldn't exist" episode.
>>
>>2482120

>historical reason to exist
If length of history is how we should determine state ownership, only Sumeria has a reason to exist. We should make policy and borders based on current conditions not who's granddad took a shit there first. History helps us understand the actions of the past to inform decisions now, decisions now shouldn't be used to settle the scores of dead men
>>
>>2484714
>Sumeria existing

That would be pretty cool. I wish arabs would fuck off from Mesopotamia so that it could become a center of civilization again.
>>
>>2482477
> Because Byelorussian is a language
It's closer tho Russian than Sicilian is to Italian or Occitan to French tho.
>>
>>2482120
The true Lithuania.
>>
>>2482120
Inform me about Belarus. For hundreds of years before it was declared independent wasn't it basically just considered part of Russia rather than a distinct people under a Russian empire?
>>
>when your country is so full of warmongering assholes that you need not one but two buffer states to keep from slaughtering people, and even that probably won't be enough

Not sure what Russia's deal is. It's not as if it needs more territory - most of its current territory is already empty and ripe for colonization.
>>
>>2485061
No.
>>
>>2482120
Beylorussians are a distinct ethnic group and language from russian

Prussia should be independant as well as yet a further buffer state
>>
>>2485043
This
>>
During Polish-Lithuanian rule Bielorussian (or rather it's ancestor) was the common language in the Lithuanian part of the empire. In that time Bielorussian literature and culture flourished until they became just another province in the Russian Empire.
>>
>>2485111
>Not sure what Russia's deal is. It's not as if it needs more territory - most of its current territory is already empty and ripe for colonization.
The government needs an outside enemy so that the plebs are distracted from the miserable life and instead wish for a strong leader who can defeat the enemy and enlarge the empire.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.