[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people switched from cuirass to chainmail and then to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Why people switched from cuirass to chainmail and then to cuirass again?
>>
hol up

Why do I constantly see posts that start with
>Why [noun] [past tense verb]
with no "do", "did", or "does" or "didn't" to agree with the verb tense?

It's way too common, drives me fucking crazy
>>
>>2481724
It a meme you dip
>>
because world history does not progress in a linear fashion towards the ultimate technological utopia. technologies are sometimes lost.
>>
>>2481732
You're telling me people went full retard and the concept of armor made of solid pieces rather than rings didn't occur to them?
>>
Because bronze plate is cheaper and easier to work than steel maille, and steel maille is cheaper and easier to work than steel plate.

You need crucible steel or a later technology to forge a cuirass made out of a single piece of steel.
>>
>>2481709
because christian dogs eat shit for a living
>>
The period you're referring to when you say "cuirass again", people were still wearing mail. Mail is an ingenious invention, pretty much every culture in Europe, Asia and Africa has used it if they can get their hands on it
>>
and then back to mail! make up your mind
>>
File: asah15nwkldx.jpg (116KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
asah15nwkldx.jpg
116KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>2481899
it was used in the Middle East as well I think only South America didn't use it
>>
>>2481749
Abos went full retard and lost the knowledge to make stone arrow points.
>>
File: Roman General.jpg (13KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
Roman General.jpg
13KB, 236x324px
>>2481709
Cuirasses were fucking expensive for the ancients. There's a reason why in Greece, shit like leather or linothorax cuirasses were more used while the officers and richer cunts walked around with .
>>
>>2481906
Always thought they should wear one of those helmets. What if Abdullah gets a brainwave and aims for Hans' eyes?
>>
File: chainmail.jpg (332KB, 1802x2480px) Image search: [Google]
chainmail.jpg
332KB, 1802x2480px
>>2481906
Are they Persians?
>>
>>2481732

Nonsense. Medieval steel chain mail was superior to roman cuirass.

They just got autistic when it couldn't defend against bows and crossbows and went plat again.
>>
>>2481906
is that nike's new sports hijab?
>>
>>2483271
thanks faggot, you just made me choke on my pizza
>>
logistics. in most situations, mail is better than plate on a pre-arquebus battlefield. it's easier to equip an army with plate than mail, though. mail takes significantly longer to produce.
>>
>>2481709
>>2481732
Bronze curiasses give absolute shit for coverage. Mail gives whatever coverage you want. Later armors either did the same, or were combined with mail to cover the gaps.
>>
>>2484033
>in most situations, mail is better than plate on a pre-arquebus battlefield
It's flatly inferior to steel or iron plate in virtually every regard.
>>
>>2481724
not everyone on 4chan is a native english speaker
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.