[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Malaria was rife in ancient Rome, why isn't it still?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

If Malaria was rife in ancient Rome, why isn't it still? Is it because of medicine? Climate change?
>>
It was rife even in England, and funnily enough, when the climate was colder.
>>
>>2480644

Mostly climate change. There used to be a lot of swamps which got drained, and without the stagnant water, the mosquitos who spread malaria have a harder time multiplying.
>>
more swamps and stagnant water
>>
Mass killing of mosquitoes through collective state directed efforts to drain swamps and use of insetticides. That being said, malaria was still present in Sicily in the 50's
>>
>>2480644

A mixture of modern medicine and DDT.
>>
>>2480644
Mussolini drained the swamps.
>>
>>2480644
Most people don't die of a mild infection these days.

Malaria only kills people in shitholes.
>>
>>2480684
Top kek
>>
Europe used to be full of swamps and they were only drained rather recently from the 17th century onwards.
>>
>>2480644
>If Malaria was rife in ancient Rome, why isn't it still? Is it because of medicine? Climate change?

Mussolini drained the swamps. No more mosquitoes. No more malaria.

>>2480665
>Mostly climate change

Nonsense. See above.
>>
>>2480684
>Mussolini drained the swamps.
>>2480700
>Top kek

Actually true.
>>
File: 1473697617372.png (262KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1473697617372.png
262KB, 351x364px
>>2480700
I don't see what's funny about it. Draining swamps is a very efficient way to combat mosquitoes. Another one is whitewashing it.
>>
>>2480794

Donald Trump reference.
>>
>>2480794
It's funny because it was used in the Trump campaign as an expression for ridding Washington D.C. of corruption, and Musso actually did drain the swamps.
>>
>>2480644
Drained the swamps.
>>
>>2480766

>There used to be a swamp
>Now there is no swamp
>That isn't climate change.

Are you retarded? Man made and smaller scale climate changes are still climate changes.
>>
File: 79657380.jpg (401KB, 1024x720px) Image search: [Google]
79657380.jpg
401KB, 1024x720px
>>2480644
Someone called?

Incidentally the fascists also brutally destroyed the Mediterranean swamp ecosystem by draining 90% of Italy's swamps, but hey it was either that or Malaria epidemics.
>>
>>2481307
>my lawn used to be overgrown
>then I mawed it
>this is climate change
Holy shit! Where are my government subsidies?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.