[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What era was India at its "best"? T. Someone who doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What era was India at its "best"?

T. Someone who doesn't know anything about India pre-anglo conquest
>>
>>2480491
Mughal
anyone who says otherwise is butthurt pajeet nationalist
>>
>>2480502
>butthurt pajeet

To be fair, have you ever had road-rash in there?
>>
File: 1486696842275.jpg (81KB, 750x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1486696842275.jpg
81KB, 750x1075px
Iron Age India
>>
>>2480491
Marathan Confederacy
>>
>>2480585
t. Anglo
>>
>>2480491
Reign of emperor Asoka
>>
>>2480502
Objectively the Gupta Empire, there isn't any debate about this. The Gupta Age was in fact the golden age of Hindu history when Hindu spirituality, art, literature, science, and philosophy attained an acme which has not since been surpassed.

>>2480502
It was the worst period of India's history and your name-calling doesn't change anything.

>But so far as the Hindus are concerned, this period was a prolonged spell of darkness which ended only when the Marathas and the Jats and the Sikhs broke the back of Islamic imperialism in the middle of the 18th century. The situation of the Hindus under Muslim rule is summed up by the author of Tãrîkh-i-Wassãf in the following words: The vein of the zeal of religion beat high for the subjection of infidelity and destruction of idols. The Mohammadan forces began to kill and slaughter, on the right and the left unmercifully, throughout the impure land, for the sake of Islãm, and blood flowed in torrents. They plundered gold and silver to an extent greater than can be conceived, and an immense number of precious stones as well as a great variety of cloths. They took captive a great number of handsome and elegant maidens and children of both sexes, more than pen can enumerate. In short, the Mohammadan army brought the country to utter ruin and destroyed the lives of the inhabitants and plundered the cities, and captured their off-springs, so that many temples were deserted and the idols were broken and trodden under foot, the largest of which was Somnãt. The fragments were conveyed to Dehlî and the entrance of the Jãmi Masjid was paved with them so that people might remember and talk of this brilliant victory. Praise be to Allah the lord of the worlds.
>>
>>2480676
It said Indian not Hindu. Mughals managed to unite most of India and under Akbar India was the most relevant and richest.
>>
>>2480676
>Hindu nationalist
Fpbp
>>
IVC :)
>>
>>2480491
British Raj
>>
>>2480676
This. Either the Guptas or the early Mauryan Empire under the enlightened Ashoka.
>>
Yeah, any Indologists will tell you it's the Guptas. Personally, I'm a fan of the late medieval era, 1300s - 1600s, when you had all sorts of weird shit happening with the Bhamani sultanates and various kingdoms in the south duking it out
>>
>>2480491
Mythological. Any era without flying chariots isn't worth living in.
>>
>>2480562
i'd let her poo in my loo
>>
>>2481220
Definitely the most aesthetic
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.