[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Nixon ask for a recount in 1960? Preservation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0615.png (497KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0615.png
497KB, 800x400px
Why didn't Nixon ask for a recount in 1960? Preservation of American moral credibility?

Kennedy and Richard M. Daley stole Chicago, by getting their henchmen to pose as the recent dead, voting multiple times. Johnson got his boys in Texas to do the same, having cattle registered as voters.

America was much worse off in 1968 than it was 8 years prior. A recount would've exposed these frauds and preserved the integrity of the American political system, even if the democrats would've temporarily smeared Nixon's reputation.

Imagine a successful Bay of Pigs, no Cuban missile crisis, no JFK trying to save face by "going all the way" in Vietnam, no Hart-Celler immigration act, no liberal justice movement, etc.
>>
>>2480358
>having cattle registered as voters
What's the difference?
>>
Preservation of American moral credibility.
>>
>>2480385
Lmao
>>
>>2480385
jew spotted
>>
>>2480358
because he was low-energy and didn't want his reputation to get worse

>Hall and Kentucky Sen. Thruston Morton, head of the Republican National Committee, flew to Key Biscayne to urge Nixon to demand a recount.

>"They told him they thought the election had been stolen and he ought to fight it," Klein recalls. "He sort of put them off. He listened and he said he'd think about it."

>He didn't think for long. Exhausted and depressed, Nixon had no stomach for a fight he figured he had little chance to win. On Friday, three days after the election, he sent Klein out to read a statement.

>"The vice president ran the race and he accepts the decision of the voters," Klein announced. "The decision made on Tuesday stands."

>Klein recalls Nixon explaining his reason for the decision: "He thought contesting it would do a great harm to the country."

>In his memoir, "Six Crises," written in 1962, when he was planning a political comeback, Nixon said he made the decision because he feared American prestige would be damaged by suggestions that "the presidency itself could be stolen by thievery at the ballot box."

>In a later memoir, "RN," written after he'd resigned the presidency in disgrace, Nixon added another reason: "Charges of 'sore loser' would follow me through history and remove any possibility of a further political career."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2000/11/17/another-race-to-the-finish/c810a41c-7da9-461a-927b-9da6d36a65dc/?utm_term=.3c1da8a3c0b8
>>
>>2482273
hehe well done on the epic find, fellow /pol/ack! keep up the good work! hehe epic
>>
>>2483055
oyeah and there was the Cold War to worry about. This reporter Earl Mazo found a shitload of evidence of fraud in Texas and Illinois (the Republicans also committed fraud too to be fair). Nixon basically killed the story so we didn't look bad to the commies

>When Mazo arrived, the two men chatted for a while and then Nixon asked Mazo to stop writing his series. He told Mazo the country couldn't afford a constitutional crisis at the height of the Cold War.

>"I thought he was kidding but he was serious," Mazo recalls. "I looked at him and thought, 'He's a goddamn fool.' "

>Failing to convince Mazo, Nixon called the reporter's bosses at the Herald Tribune. "He implored them to stop running the damn thing," Mazo recalls.

>Apparently, the vice president was convincing. Mazo's editors pulled him off the story.

>"Nobody told me why," he says. "I know I was terribly disappointed. I envisioned the Pulitzer Prize, for chrissakes."
>>
>>2483081
last bit from the article. this made me laugh.

>But there was no recount and Kennedy was inaugurated. Not long after that, a still-angry Sen. Dirksen called Cartha DeLoach, who was then assistant director of the FBI. Dirksen demanded that the FBI investigate evidence that the election was stolen.

>"I told him that the Department of Justice was investigating this," DeLoach recalls. "I referred him to the attorney general."

>At that point, Dirksen asked, sarcastically, "Who's the attorney general?"

>"Bobby Kennedy," DeLoach replied.

>Dirksen slammed down the phone.
>>
>>2483094
Kek
>>
>>2483094
lol
>>
>>2480358
>Imagine a successful Bay of Pigs
Literally not possible
>>
>>2483055
And then he wrecked the presidency's credibility with Watergate. Wew fucking lad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.