[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look at this shit. Reddit was completely unable to answer my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: annoyed_alien.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_alien.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
Look at this shit. Reddit was completely unable to answer my question with anything other than sophistry and appeals to social conventions.

These people fucking go on and on about how the study of philosophy requires massive amounts of "critical thinking" but when you question their assumptions suddenly they go crazy and claim, "Well we shouldn't bother questioning that!"

>inb4 "why not ask 4chan"

I have, but you guys ignore stuff due to shitposting elsewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/5ya5hm/what_does_concept1_say_we_should_do_what_is_its/
>>
Philosophy doesn't require a MASSIVE amount of critical thinking, it just requires a love for knowledge and the truth
>>
>>2479515

Well then look at these fuckers refusing to acknowledge the truth that morality is just one out of infinitely many concepts
>>
>>2479515
Isn't the concept of "truth" a fraud by itself?
Serious question, I'm here for history, not philosophy.
>>
>>2479526

Reddit is filled with autism, I would say more so than here
>>
kek, you think you're going to get better responses here?
>>
>>2479534

There are essentially a few main camps on the truth question and there is no common consensus, you will get a different answer depending on who you ask.

Rationalists and people in the science community will often see conclusions related to empirical data and research as "true" but that is about as far as they go and don't humor other ideas concerning the truth

Postmodernists think that nothing is true and every concept and construct can be broken apart and changed so objective truth can never be ascertained

Lots of people think that there are objective truths to morality and that there is a right and a wrong way to act and to live, a "true" path to life

Basically it is all up in the air and has been forever
>>
>>2479490
dumb frog poster
>>
>>2479572

No. But maybe without such a horrifically sycophantic tone as Reddit I might find someone I who acknowledges some pretty fucking obvious truths.

It seems apparentw MC the the
>>
>>2479490
What an utterly meaningless question
Euthanize yourself, you retarded human swine
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.