[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Idi Amin the worst dictator in history,seeing him from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: idi-amin-dada-9183487-1-402.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
idi-amin-dada-9183487-1-402.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Is Idi Amin the worst dictator in history,seeing him from the viewpoint of government successes? A lot of dictators such as Stalin and Franco, even if they were extremely authoritarian leaders, made impressive economical growths in their respective countries. But from what i've read about this dude, he literally took the power just because he was going to be arrested for using army's money for his own, he didn't had education and couldn't read, did a shit tier economic management and slaughtered about 300.000 of his own fellow countrymen.

Seriously, can someone with a knowledge on African history tell me if this incredibly inept leader had at least one redeeming quality?
>>
Pol Pot was worse.
>>
Just watch "The last king of Scotland"
Well,Garringan didn't exist,but is still a good movie
>>
>>2471795
You know, i was going to name him as another crappy dictator but forgot about doing it, so thanks for reminding me
>>2471800
I've heard good things about that movie, and it was oftenly named on a /tv/ thread about Africa-settled movies, so i guess i'll watch it.
>>
>>2471785
Name one wrong thing he did.
>>
>>2471940
>he literally took the power just because he was going to be arrested for using army's money for his own, he didn't had education and couldn't read, did a shit tier economic management and slaughtered about 300.000 of his own fellow countrymen.

Are you actually illiterate or you're just contrarian enough to think that those are positive trails?
>>
He was actually pretty garden-variety by African standards in that era. Which is horribly depressing. Fuck, the guy had Mobutu on his Western border.

Probably could've held power for 20 more years if he didn't go full retard and invade Tanzania.
>>
Just to put it into perspective his commanding officer when he was in the King's African Rifles believed that he was literally mentally retarded.

Like not in a "wow you're dumb" way but in a "mental age of a young child" way.
>>
>>2471785
Amin was just another thug nigger, if his ass was born in the JewSA he would have been a local gang lord, an 99% of African "leaders" are like this, must be the nigger genes
>>
>>2471785
>Died in comfort of old age
The sole qualification of a successful dictator in my opinion.
>>
>>2473477
But Idi disappeared during the war.

I mean, he could have made it out, but it's more likely the Tanzanians just shot his ass.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.