[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never live among Alcibiades >you will never lust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>you will never live among Alcibiades
>you will never lust over his godly body and watch him training in the palaestra
>you will never look at him in his gorgeous purple mantle
>you will never witness him abuse his wife in public
>you will never be part of his golden youth group of friends, getting drunk and crash Socrate's party
>you will never have sex with him

Why even live?
>>
didnt he switch sides a bunch during some hellenic wars with sparta or some shit? sounds like a bit of a bitch desu
>>
>>2471544
It was mostly political rivals that drove him to leave and switch sides multiple times. The guy himself didn't seem that bad.
>>
>>2471544
He was sentenced to death in Athens for a crime he most definitely hasn't done.

He was a bit provocative but he loved his city at least as much as he loved himself.
>>
>>2471556
>>2471576
wasnt plato always pissed with him for chasing tail? or was it socrates. Why is he worth celebrating exactly, didnt he lose several wars, only being of value because he had info on a forts weakness because he was there when they built it or something.

The guy seems like a saddie baddie straight up
>>
>>2471809
He was literally the only reason Athens was winning the war at the beginning and almost won them the war again when he returned. The main military "blunders" that he's blamed for is when he was forced to leave the most important mission of the whole war in someone else's hands when his own city state tried to frame him for heresy and when he specifically told his subordinate in charge of the navy not to engage the Spartans and the fucker decided to go after the Spartans and get his ass kicked. He was a political genius of the highest level. Literally so based that he made everyone in Athens jealous enough to frame him for heresy and sentence him to death. He also fucked the King of Sparta's wife (possibly producing a son) when he was with them so he was even doing Athens' work when he was fighting against them.
He is the only person I have seen in history who I think single handedly could have changed the outcome of a war and subsequent Greek culture. He's a rare dude.
>>
File: Athens.png (197KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Athens.png
197KB, 640x800px
>>2472110
Also have this
>>
>>2471809
He was a great general and has won a lot of battles against Sparta. I don't recall he has ever lost the battles he fought.
>>
>>2471529
Alkibiades is the biggest madman of history in my view. His life literally beggars belief. I didn't honestly believe it the first time I read Thucydides. I mean how does someone jump between the two warring factions during a 28 year war multiple times and play a critical part in both. He's like the mary sue main character of a fiction book who just can't stop poking his head into historical events.
>>
>>2472110
he was literally the only reason athens started the war in the first place
>>
>>2472257
And they would've won if they stuck by his plans
>>
>>2472284
maybe, maybe not

either way the peace wouldn't have lasted and the greeks would have been at eachothers throats again in no time so it hardly mattered
>>
>>2471556
>political rivals try to fuck your shit up
>better go switch sides to the Spartans and Persians who don't mind razing staunch enemy cities and selling it's citizens into slavery, because I'm going to suffer then everyone is going to suffer!'
Nah, he was a straight up delusional cunt.
>>2472110
He wasn't in charge of any notable military expedition before the Sicilian expedition, his entire guise was "Pick me, cause I know some guys in Sicily who will totally help us!". He was only in command for the victory of one major battle (Cyzicus)--which even that, the two subordinate generals under him (Thrasybulus and Theramenes) were literally apart of and in charge of the previous major naval victories prior to and after it. It's not to say that he alone won it all considering that.

>and when he specifically told his subordinate in charge of the navy not to engage the Spartans and the fucker decided to go after the Spartans and get his ass kicked.

Part of being a good leader is having good subordinates who you can trust to handle matters if you're gone. Blaming it on him just shows his ill judgement. You don't hear major defeats by Alexander because of his choice of putting subordinates in charge of particular posts. You don't hear his Perdiccas, Parmenion, Lysimachus, Hephaestion, Antipater, Ptolemy, or Craterus pulling this shit while he was alive.

>He is the only person I have seen in history who I think single handedly could have changed the outcome of a war and subsequent Greek culture. He's a rare dude.

Yeah, by not proposing a retarded expedition and not giving advice to the Spartans and Persians with how to beat Athens. If he didn't pull that shit, or be a explicit faggot Athens wouldn't have lost and Socrates wouldn't have been condemned to death because of his association to him.
>>2472284
Even if he subdued Syracuse, he wouldn't be able to control all of Sicily. Carthage would come in at some point and ally up with them and the Spartans.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.